Ram Promaster Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Really like them. Bilstein is making a good one too.
For a non-technical guy like myself, I can see a price difference for the Konis vs Bilstein. Any reason to go with one or the other?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got the Van Compass front spacers and had them installed today. Love it! It’s nice having a level van!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got the Van Compass front spacers and had them installed today. Love it! It’s nice having a level van!
That's great! I got mine too, just waiting on struts and shocks to arrive to do it all at one time. I don't think I'm going to try to tackle the install myself, what'd it run you for yours?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I paid just under 500 for the install and alignment afterwards.
Based off the Van Compass YouTube video tutorial, it looks like a bear of a job unless you have all the good tools to install. $500 is not bad with an alignment too! (y)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Those with the VC lift, do you have anything to report on the longevity? Any issues with the CV joints, etc?

Just got back from a long trip in central Oregon area where we spent a good bit of time on forest roads hunting camp spots etc. I will admit that with careful line choice I was able to get the van everywhere I needed.. the ride quality of the van left a bit to be desired though. I am not expecting the van to act like my buddies land cruiser and just rip through all the chunder.. but if I could get over a few more of the marbles with out feeling like the front end is going to come off.. that would be great. To me it feels like the van has zero rebound damping up front or the spring rate is just too high?

The entire ride home I was thinking about the VC lift just so I could get a taller tire under the van along with some better dampers to control the madness a bit.

Any input? Reviews? I have seen VC's response on here.. I would be interested to learn more on the Fox shocks they offer for the rear. Also any advice on strut replacements up front. Koni/Bilstein etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I like my lift, we’ll worth it in my opinion, mainly because I like that my van is mostly level when I park for the night and I feel like the driving position is better as well.

As far as struts... I put Bilsteins in mine and Dad put Monroe Magnum in his. The difference is minor, but the ride in his 2500 is softer than my 3500. Both have lifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 70 of 70 Posts