Ram Promaster Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
OE Nexens are toast. Thinking 245’s, but what do people do for the spare? Since 245’s are more common and often cheaper than 225, it almost covers the cost of the spare! Will it fit? Cuz if I kept the OE 225 spare, running that with 245’s seems like a bad idea.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Ah yes - my 245 Michelin Defenders resist seating in the spare compartment, cable lift is not strong enough to seat them & latch the cable without using the scissors jack as a booster - note that is both going up AND lowering it, pin the wheel up and let the cable out some to let down the spare. My tire has been superceded (not available now in 121 3200# load) but "latest generation" in 111 2400# w/ same tread is 9.8" section width and 30.4" overall diameter...

Otherwise minimal rub near full lock turn, horrible snow traction (extra width & highway tread) have to keep them above stock tire pressures as sidewalls are so soft the van quivers like jello on stock steel rims....

·
Registered
67 Posts
➡ IT IS OFFICIAL GUYS, we are on YouTube!!! ??

Our YouTube channel will be very similar to our IG page, just showing the world what vanlife looks like from our perspective plus DIY van build and repairs. ?

Our VERY 1st VIDEO is about how we modified our rear wheel well when we upgraded our stock tires to BFGoodrich KO2s. ?

We wanted to give insight to the community on how we solved this issue, since we couldn’t locate a single video on YouTube on how to do this. ?‍?

Check it out on our page Lindsey and Danny Vanlife... and don’t forget to subscribe ?

FOLLOW US right meow ?

https://instagram.com/lindseyanddannyvanlife?igshid=1vpsstw928mym
Perfect, just followed you guys! Great content from the quick browse

·
Registered
259 Posts
OE Nexens are toast. Thinking 245’s, but what do people do for the spare? Since 245’s are more common and often cheaper than 225, it almost covers the cost of the spare! Will it fit? Cuz if I kept the OE 225 spare, running that with 245’s seems like a bad idea.
On my transit I also put on the larger BFG T/A KO2s and the tire guys all told me it would not be a big deal to keep the slightly smaller spare for emergencies. Just don’t run it longer than you have to and drive responsibly. It was a great tire for us even in significant snow.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just switched the oem nexens out for some KO2’s. I went 245 70 and they fit almost like the stock. Maybe a hair bigger, no rubbing. I definitely notice a bit of road noise, but I think it’s more “different” than “bad.”

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a question for people who installed BFG KO2s in 245-75/16 (or comparable All Terrain tires).

While everybody is talking about clearance at the rear wheel wells, what about the front?
What happens when steering wheel is turned all the way? Are you able to maintain the same turning radius? Do the tires rub anything?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts