Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Thanks miked
5 years = free ProMaster
I like the floor mats hanging for the partition.
Took a while to watch and had to set the laptop sideways.Good info.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
That's great mileage considering how fast this guy drives. At start of video there was a moment he was going around 85 MPH with engine well over 3000 RPM (5th I'm sure), but once he settles to steady speed it's around 82 MPH right at 2500 RPM. That's not bad at all unless it was down hill or had tail wind.

Granted his van looked fairly empty, but it suggests to me that if I was driving conservatively I should do much better than his 16+ MPG average. Just hope the man and all reported information are truly independent. A little long but good video. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
363 Posts
great info, very informative. i just wish the video wasn't sideways, but most of what you need is in what he has to say.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted a diesel so bad but when I ran the numbers based on my 30K per year the payback without figuring in oil changes was 5.8 years. Getting diesel by me with the speedway fleet card is an issue also PLUS the diesel was just delayed AGAIN. My 2500 159 High roof is going into production this week. I can't wait to get out of my Express

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Below is with todays fuel prices at the Speedway that has diesel near my home. Payoff is much longer today.If I can figure out how to upload a picture.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not sure how he is saving $600/month in fuel. The gas for sure is cheaper, but for sure the 2014 Sprinter (especially the 4 cyl) is getting better fuel economy. I've read 22 - 24 easy.

My calc assumptions
PM: 16 MPG
Sprinter: 22 MPG
30000 miles / year
Gas: $3.50
Diesel: $4.25

Yrly gas cost 6,563
Yrly Diesel cost 5,795

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have 28000 miles (99% highway) on my 2500 159wb promaster, and my fuel economy is 14-18. Headwinds and crosswinds have a dramatic impact on fuel economy. At 82 mph, fuel economy is no more than 14 mpg unless there is a tailwind or road is a downgrade. On level road in a crosswind fuel economy is 14-16 at 65-70 mph. In the video. 82 mph at 2500 rpms suggests a level or downgrade road, with little or no crosswind. Otherwise, the tranny will drop to 5th to maintain speed, and rpms would be 3500+.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts