Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
MS,

On mine, the doors don't open on the first pull if locked... but they do open on the second pull.

(looking forward to a discussion on the ATT Connected Car offer.... major frustration... next time we see you!)

ps.

Just my opinion, but a lesson on how to break into our vans is not a great subject for the forum

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Here in the Indy metro area, they look in and if they see something they like, they check to see if the door is unlock, if not they break the glass. Nothing fancy.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good to get some 411 on PM vulnerabilities . Maybe someone will come up with a clevor countermeasure . Fat chance bogey persons lurk on this forum .
Keep.
Exactly, I didn't even know this was a thing. I mean a rock works just as well, but if you delete the video again then others wouldn't know this is a thing either. Please don't delete it.

One doesn't come up with solutions by ignoring the issues. Like "K" said, there are a lot of ingenious people in this forum (based on the various builds) and solution or counter measure is right around the corner. The video is on you tube and a quick search of "how to ..." brings the video right up to the top. This thread isn't even on the first page of results. I didn't want to make it on the first page by completing that sentence.

If you delete this thread it won't do anything for the problem....but by deleting it you are making the decision for others that this is not important or relevant to them. Thank you for asking for others opinions before deleting; not many forums do that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Exactly, I didn't even know this was a thing. I mean a rock works just as well, but if you delete the video again then others wouldn't know this is a thing either. Please don't delete it.

One doesn't come up with solutions by ignoring the issues. Like "K" said, there are a lot of ingenious people in this forum (based on the various builds) and solution or counter measure is right around the corner. The video is on you tube and a quick search of "how to ..." brings the video right up to the top. This thread isn't even on the first page of results. I didn't want to make it on the first page by completing that sentence.

If you delete this thread it won't do anything for the problem....but by deleting it you are making the decision for others that this is not important or relevant to them. Thank you for asking for others opinions before deleting; not many forums do that.

Speaking of solutions, why not lock from inside using some padlock type thing, then exit out the front? I see many, many vans use the guarded hasp locks on the outside, but that pretty much screams that there are goodies inside.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've deleted a thread about this video several weeks ago but it seems to have a life of it's own. What does everyone think about posting this video? Personally I'm ready to delete it again - are there any objections?

KOV

I vote to keep it up here. This way Promaster owners are likely to come across it, and then can use the information to secure their vehicle. If a would be criminal wants to learn how to break into the Promaster a 30 second Google search will send them straight to the video on Youtube.

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
Lots of good reason both ways so far. I'm starting to believe it might be more constructive to leave it up as a warning to members and to get suggestions on how to defeat this "tool". I doubt the typical "thief" is going to read this forum to find this info out and it is on uTube. I still say it's easier and quicker to break the glass to get in and a thief can always use the hammer as a weapon ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts