Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here a little concerned about buying year 1 one a Fiat product? I Live in the Northwest and I'm not sure if the Promaster can handle winters here. FWD is nice but im weary of carbon copied Fiat products.. :confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm not. Chrysler isn't selling you a Fiat van. They're selling you a Chrysler re-engineered and considerably IMPROVED van. Despite previous years (Daimler years) of Chrysler doing poorly, they're putting everyone to shame in the "quality improvement" department.

The Europeans have nothing on what's coming out of Chrysler these days. Even things like the Fiat 500 got considerable improvements before being built over here, and now even across the pond, they've incorporated Chrysler's engineering work - which seems to be absolutely excellent these days.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I should add that Chrysler has put MILLIONS of miles of testing on these things - about 4 years worth of research and development and bug testing and durability enhancements.

Nothing is being produced without having moved heaven and earth to try to get it right.

No, I don't work for them. I've just followed their efforts at rebuilding a car company and it's been very impressive. Daimler was the most incompetent, careless, shortsighted, and ignorant manager a carmaker this side of the pond has had in many decades.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You can always wait for the vehicle to be released and then make a decision once you other customer reviews. Like others having been saying though, I think the ProMaster will be a high-quality vehicle. Never hurts to be safe instead of sorry though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should add that Chrysler has put MILLIONS of miles of testing on these things - about 4 years worth of research and development and bug testing and durability enhancements.

Nothing is being produced without having moved heaven and earth to try to get it right.

No, I don't work for them. I've just followed their efforts at rebuilding a car company and it's been very impressive. Daimler was the most incompetent, careless, shortsighted, and ignorant manager a carmaker this side of the pond has had in many decades.
Oh kind of like the Dart was? HA, the Dart was supposed to be an Alfa/FIAT re engineered by Dodge, a sure winner in the small car segment, well.... The Civic is outselling the Dart 5-1 and the Cruze is outselling it 4-1.

Im sorry but the gang over in Auburn Hills is still out to lunch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh kind of like the Dart was? HA, the Dart was supposed to be an Alfa/FIAT re engineered by Dodge, a sure winner in the small car segment, well.... The Civic is outselling the Dart 5-1 and the Cruze is outselling it 4-1.

Sales are not an indication of a product's greatness.

Also, one should note that the Ducato has been sold in world markets for years. So this is not the platform's first time at the rodeo folks. She's been hauling in other lands just fine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sales are not an indication of a product's greatness.

Also, one should note that the Ducato has been sold in world markets for years. So this is not the platform's first time at the rodeo folks. She's been hauling in other lands just fine.

oh so you're saying the Dart is SO great that no body wants it? or that its so great people are intimidated by its greatness?

others here are claiming the Ducato was completely re-engineered as the promaster for the American market, so what its done in Europe is pretty irrelevant..

·
Registered
386 Posts
The Dart is not a bad car. It isn't selling well because Dodge still needs to work on the brand.

There are too many loyal to the Civic. The Cruze has a good name for itself - though I wouldn't buy one.

The Dart needs to build the name up.

The Promaster won't sell as well as the competition right away. Not even close.

But if it can slowly build its own fan base - it could live to be a great model.

·
Registered
65 Posts

I own a Dart. So do both of my boys.

I'll take that over the low quality, overpriced HOnda any day.

·
Registered
65 Posts
oh so you're saying the Dart is SO great that no body wants it? or that its so great people are intimidated by its greatness?

others here are claiming the Ducato was completely re-engineered as the promaster for the American market, so what its done in Europe is pretty irrelevant..
No, we're saying that marketing has nothing to do with building good vehicles.

Honda has spent a fortune trying to move their cars. Chrysler's marketing is VERY tiny by comparison. Who is to blame? The marketing guys. The car itself is awesome.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, we're saying that marketing has nothing to do with building good vehicles.

Honda has spent a fortune trying to move their cars. Chrysler's marketing is VERY tiny by comparison. Who is to blame? The marketing guys. The car itself is awesome.
what about the Cruze, the amount of Dart advertising i see dwarfs what chevy puts out for Cruze, even on TV around my parts you see far fewer Civic commercials than Dart commercials.

good products sell themselves, a lathered on marketing strategy is sure fire sign your buying a lemon..

·
Registered
65 Posts
what about the Cruze, the amount of Dart advertising i see dwarfs what chevy puts out for Cruze, even on TV around my parts you see far fewer Civic commercials than Dart commercials.

good products sell themselves, a lathered on marketing strategy is sure fire sign your buying a lemon..
Really? I haven't seen a Dart TV ad since... just after the dealers got the first ones.

Go look on youtube. There's only like 4 or 5 tv ads that have ever been run, all of which happened at introduction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts