Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for Havelock wool. Since I'm going with spray foam for the vast majority of the van, I just need enough Havelock to get the rear corner cavities (around rear lights, etc.) and the rear doors.

Anyone have some leftovers that they're looking to offload? Preferably in the Boston area...

·
Registered
378 Posts
We just might have some but won't know for sure for a couple of weeks. Can you hold off until then? And we're in the Boston area!

·
Registered
138 Posts
We just might have some but won't know for sure for a couple of weeks. Can you hold off until then? And we're in the Boston area!
Did you have scraps and did gongloo take them? I'm looking for a small bit of scrap wool as well.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Did you have scraps and did gongloo take them? I'm looking for a small bit of scrap wool as well.
Sorry for not following up, but we were delayed in finishing up the van. When we return home from our maiden voyage (visiting my in-laws) in a week or so, I should have a better idea of how much we have left. @gongloo how much do you need? And @Airstreamer how much do you need?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'd be looking at 1 batt, maybe 2. Appreciate the response but will also seek alternatives given timing. Please do let me know when you get back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for falling off here as well! I think we may be all set on this, but we won't know for another week or so. Do keep us posted when you return, and wishing you well on your maiden voyage! Must be exciting!

·
Registered
Ram Promaster 136, 2014, gas
3 Posts
Hi! I'd be interested in 2-3 batts if you there are no other takers and you have the leftovers! Happy to pay for the wool, postage to Arizona and your trouble.

·
Registered
2017 PMC wagon in CO
16 Posts
I have about 9 pounds (a pretty big bag). My cost (as a percentage of the 48 pounds I bought) is $56 - but I am not sure how shipping to AZ would be.
Let me know if you are interested. thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sorry for falling off here as well! I think we may be all set on this, but we won't know for another week or so. Do keep us posted when you return, and wishing you well on your maiden voyage! Must be exciting!
It was an exciting trip (more along the lines of family drama . . . ) and Van o' White did great, even with camping one night in the midst of the remnants of Hurricane Delta and then driving between 8-10 hours in the rain. Only got to camp out twice, one on the way down and another on the way back. None of our electrical apparatuses (vent fan, fridge) were hooked up so didn't get to try them out. We did hook up the fridge to 110 before leaving home and placed a couple of bottles with frozen water in it to keep our stuff cold - worked great!

As for the Havelock - we were nice and warm with temps down to the mid-30s the night we camped on the way down, even with the vent open a bit for ventilation. Because we didn't have the walls in, though, some of the wool slumped down a bit. So, I think we'll need to hold onto the four or five batts we have just in case. :(

·
Registered
Ram Promaster 136, 2014, gas
3 Posts
I have about 9 pounds (a pretty big bag). My cost (as a percentage of the 48 pounds I bought) is $56 - but I am not sure how shipping to AZ would be.
Let me know if you are interested. thanks
I do have some more wool on its way from another build project and hopefully that will be enough. Thank you so much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts