Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a new pro master owner as of October 2019, this van has had several problems but I wish I’d chosen another van after learning about a flexplate. My 2014 Winnebago Travato is killing it’s 3rd flexplate and I’m telling you I haven’t abused it or put 20k miles on it since this started!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,954 Posts
This problem is rare enough that I’m guessing something else is wrong.

Reminds me of the 1979 BMW 320i that went through 28 tires in 6 months. Never did figure out how a tire could go out of round in just a few weeks. The only solution was to sell the car. I suspect that if you sold this van and bought another identical one, you’d never replace another flex plate.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
A Buddy of mine purchased a Mercedes “Winnebago” new a few years ago (they go to Mexico in the winter). They had problems with the transmission pretty much right away. Then he told me the difficulty of dealing with the warranty & who to deal with. It seemed everyone wanted to “pass the buck”; Mercedes / Winnebago / The Dealership

I’m sorry you are having problems, but it can happen with all brands.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Flex plate problems came up here quite a few times early on with the 2014 models. My suggestion would be to search those old threads and see if anyone posted a permanent fix or what was causing the issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Flex plate problems came up here quite a few times early on with the 2014 models. My suggestion would be to search those old threads and see if anyone posted a permanent fix or what was causing the issues.
My 2014 had issues with the Flex Plate, twice. The first one cracked at about 75k, the 2nd one 9,000 later. At that point the dealer got FCA to approve a new engine and transmission under warranty, as they felt they weren't able to get the originals to line up correctly. I have since put 275,000 miles on the new combination...

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
268 Posts
And problems like this is exactly why you need to get a lemon law attorney consultation BEFORE you commit to a purchase. May cost you a couple of hundred for the consultation but once your vehicle has been out of service for a period of time, multiple incidents for the same issue...many state lemon laws will make you whole. Check your home state and the purchasing state to see what applies. They vary.

And many state lemon laws afford the attorney fees to be covered by the manufacturer, costing you $0.00 out of pocket. Make the manufacturer of poorly engineered products accountable!

And do your build modular so you can easily transfer into a new van.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts