Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 SLT Wagon. My interior is from factory. I bought my PMC August of 2016. During the last of the summer months, I found out how hot it gets in the cargo area from exposed metal inside. I wrapper my wheel wells, rear pillars and upper side panels with same cloth carpeting that is on the floor from a custom car shop.
I filled in the oval space and tucked way in between the 2 metal surfaces with a 5/8" batting material then covered with a piece of plastic sign board. Then I glued the carpeting to all exposed metal and board. Looks good and once it heats up or cools down, it helps control the tempature. I use my van for construction, I am a carpenter. It also helps with preventing scratching of the metal when loading and unloading tools and supplies.
There is no bare metal in rear of van except around the doors and rear windows. This summer, I am planning on wrapping the same carpet around rear door pillars and window frames.
The roof rails are aftermarket. Purchased from Ebay. Fit perfectly like factory. 3 cross bars I keep in garage and ready to go if needed.
Trailer hitch is a Curt #13215 Class 3. No bumper cutting needed. Quick and easy install. Barely shows. I keep the trailer wiring in the passenger rear vent behind the cover. No need to worry about getting wet or dangling.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 2015 SLT Wagon. My interior is from factory. I bought my PMC August of 2016. During the last of the summer months, I found out how hot it gets in the cargo area from exposed metal inside. I wrapper my wheel wells, rear pillars and upper side panels with same cloth carpeting that is on the floor from a custom car shop.
I filled in the oval space and tucked way in between the 2 metal surfaces with a 5/8" batting material then covered with a piece of plastic sign board. Then I glued the carpeting to all exposed metal and board. Looks good and once it heats up or cools down, it helps control the tempature. I use my van for construction, I am a carpenter. It also helps with preventing scratching of the metal when loading and unloading tools and supplies.
There is no bare metal in rear of van except around the doors and rear windows. This summer, I am planning on wrapping the same carpet around rear door pillars and window frames.
The roof rails are aftermarket. Purchased from Ebay. Fit perfectly like factory. 3 cross bars I keep in garage and ready to go if needed.
Trailer hitch is a Curt #13215 Class 3. No bumper cutting needed. Quick and easy install. Barely shows. I keep the trailer wiring in the passenger rear vent behind the cover. No need to worry about getting wet or dangling.
Hello the carpeting job looks good. How is the plastic sign board holding up?? - that is a good idea

1 - 2 of 2 Posts