Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for a new van, used for local hot shot business. My low roof 2014 has had most of the problems mentioned here and a few more of its own but has never left me stranded though, mainly just nuisance type stuff. Closing in on 100k when I like to renew. Been on the Transit forum and they evidently have their problems too. Have most of the "kinks" been addressed in the 2017 model year Promasters?

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
A-yah. 36,000 great miles in almost exactly 2 years. A couple of warranty fixes for really minor stuff. I'd go out and get another diesel in a minute. Let’s hope they return in 2018.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes

I've had no buyers remorse. Every day for over a year I have thought about how glad I am that I bought it.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,682 Posts
I plan to outlive this one, so I plan to replace it with another. I'm only 70 now and have put more than 50,000 on this one in less than two years, so this one will have some seriously high miles before I even think about getting old. I just hope they keep this body unchanged for a number more years so I won't have to reinvent the wheel when I swap it out.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
What she said ^^^^^^. I’d like to keep MY body unchanged too, well thinner would be good if it wasn’t due to being sick!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,682 Posts
That's why I say I'll replace it. At this rate, I'll be there long before I'm ready to hang up the keys. Numbers aren't the issue, though. Reliability is. When reliability becomes an issue, I will replace. This is supposed to be my "Vanagon that RUNS," and my time to enjoy has an insidious relentless clock on it, so my tolerance for down time/hassles will be low.

When I replace, even ignoring the build factor, I cannot imagine replacing with anything other than another PM.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yep, Enjoying the ride. 70k on my 2016 and nothing that concerns me has happened not do I expect anything will.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yes.

I have had two problems initially - an electronic transmission module went bad and a radiator leak both fixed under warranty.

Have spent the last two months living in our van and we love it.

We are quite surprised at the vans off road ability. If I can manage to get the video out of my Garmin I will post it.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Absolutely! Just put 3,500 miles on mine in three weeks and loved every mile of it. I can't wait to get my next PM, but I hope to have this for 10+ years.
Every time I see another PM on the road I want to cheer - they just look 100x better than anything else.
Ang, I can call you Ang, right? IIRC you bought a van with about 150K on it? How has that worked out? If you go far and long you will be a higher mileage owner (well the van will be, your mileage is another matter altogether LOL) so you may be able to tell us how it ages. I am guessing 200K-250K should be no big deal and then a transmission job perhaps. The lighter use a campervan gets may extend that over the few expediters we have that have accumulated miles in that range. Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wouldn't take another promasterr as a gift

Not saying the Promaster line is crap. The one I had was a complete turd body wise. I say has as in past tense this week FCA is coming to pick it up. There were so many body alignment issues with thing. Looks good from 10 feet. Again I am not dogging the Promaster I just wouldn't take a chance on spending that kind of money and have issues with it. The customer service has a lot to be desired.

Every one enjoy there promaster vans.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Thanks we all will I hope! Did you get your money back? If so you got one as a gift. They are probably not giving you another anyway.
Good luck with whatever you go to.

·
Registered
538 Posts
You guys are killing me here. My 2014 just rolled past 17k earlier this month. At this rate it may be the last van I ever need to buy.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,682 Posts
That's what I thought, too, til we started racking up the miles. Of course, we have to add on a couple thousand every time we leave home just to get across Kansas or Missouri.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts