Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we are not ready to take on a new van just yet, shooting for when the 2019 models roll out.

Should circumstances change we will buy the 2018, not a problem.

Anyone hear of what could be new in the 2019 PMs ?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,163 Posts
Some people have put off buying for the past 3 years hoping a new front end is just around the corner. Others bit the bullet at bought what is available. Only you can make that decision.

·
Registered
69 Posts
RAM selloff?

FCA exec Sergio Marchionne hinted earlier this year that he is open to selling off RAM. If that happens it is not clear what the channel would be for a US Ducato. A lack of investment in new product features would make sense in that case. MB gets a new 2019 sprinter, so if FCA wanted to remain competitive they could easily facelift with minimal effort along side it.

·
Super Moderator
10,163 Posts
Some people feel the new front end won't fit around the 3.8 gas engine and that is the reason for no update. I have no idea but it sounds good.

·
Banned
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some people have put off buying for the past 3 years hoping a new front end is just around the corner. Others bit the bullet at bought what is available. Only you can make that decision.
KOV, I agree with not waiting as there will always be a greater and better around the corner.

If I had the bandwidth to camper convert now or later this year I would.

It looks like our retirement house rebuilding project should be at a good stopping point next year, mid year.
Wife and I are the sole worker bees working all trades thanks to the internet and YouTube.
We are shooting to move in sometime next year.
This takes up all our free time, no time to work on converting a van.
Wish we could order and start the conversion this year.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,254 Posts
I'm pretty sure FCA won't release 2018 Promaster information until Sept 1. That will help the 2017's get off the lot. Fleets and special orders are being built now. It's a guess, but I believe it's accurate.

There's more profit margin if they don't make any major changes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
FCA stops taking fleet orders for 2018 next week and begins building 2019 in September according to some fleet documents. Seems like we should be getting 2019 specs soon. Mercedes is already out with PR for new models.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Fingers crossed that we'll see the L1H2 configuration in North America as well, though I am certainly not holding my breath. We could start a whole stubby camper movement! ;-)

Reactions: scout

·
Registered
58 Posts
Spoke to dealer yesterday, actually. No diesel, and Chrysler is saying no return until the 2021 refresh. 2019 model gets factory remote start and leather steering wheel standard.

I know the Commercial sales manager pretty well. This is the info he gave me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Even if we don't get the new sheetmetal & headlights, does anyone think we'll get a new grill without the crosshair look, similar to the new 2019 RAM 1500 pick-up truck?

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,254 Posts
Changing anything will cost FCA money, they may make more options available because they make money.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I guess I can wait until 2021 for a replacement van. At that point mine should be just over 100K miles and 6 years old. Oh what am I saying...... I’ll keep driving this one and spend the money saved on better beer and perhaps a trip to New Zealand.

Reactions: enjoitheride

·
Registered
58 Posts
I guess I can wait until 2021 for a replacement van. At that point mine should be just over 100K miles and 6 years old. Oh what am I saying...... I’ll keep driving this one and spend the money saved on better beer and perhaps a trip to New Zealand.

These things sound much better than getting a facelift on an already great van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,163 Posts
You could also probably just drive across the border and buy the new front end sheet metal they use on the Ducato made in Mexican for the domestic Mexican market.

I can see making remote start standard on the new Promaster but leather steering wheel? As nice as a leather steering wheel may be I’d rather see something more valuable from FCA like a full factory interior passenger model without having to go to an aftermarket upfitter! All the interior trim pieces are certainly off the shelf items everywhere but the USA & Canada. I’ll bet FCA even supplies them to the upfitters over her.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts