Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Quick question: I believe I am in a good place to start placing wire along the ceiling for my lights. I used 3/4" polyiso foam on my ceiling between the horizontal ribs. When I run the wire, do I need to cut channels into the polyiso? Or can it sit flush on the face? I am using thin (likely 1/4" or 1/8" plywood) for my ceiling.

Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
2,191 Posts
As long as you're wiring is sized correctly and doesn't make a bump under your plywood there's nothing wrong with putting it between the plywood and the foam.

Of course you would want to be careful to not put some kind of a fastener through the plywood and into the wire.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Cut a 3/4" wide strip out of the Polyiso and run short section of 1/2" PVC pipe to run your wires through. That way they're easy to pull, protected and if something happens you can replace them without having to remove your ceiling panels. I'd also recommend running a couple extras all the way across your ceiling from left to right. Running wiring through the framing in the back is a PITA, so the PVC is a good way to get wires from the driver's to passengers side as needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts