Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I'm working on revamping the sound in my PM. At the leads, I was only getting 8.8W per channel as measured with a multimeter, which isn't powering my Polk DB6501 components the way I'd like.

I'm working on running the speaker wire back to an amp underneath the drives seat, and totally forgoing the factory wiring because I can't figure out/access where the crossovers/resistors are for the tweeters. Rather, I'll go from amp>crossover box>direct to speaker and eliminate questionable things.

I've figured out the tweeter wiring by removing the AC vent and running it down through there. However, I'm totally struggling on wiring the woofer in the door, through the rubber part of the door jam, and into the body. I can't figure to find an exit for those wires. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey all,

So after a ton of time struggling to follow the factory wiring which heads towards the engine compartment, in a pinch for time, I made a little modification with the ol' power drill to route the new speaker wiring. After removing the trim piece that covers the top of the wheel well radius, I got as close to the cavity the rubber boot leads into, and drilled a 1/4" hole just big enough to run the 12awg wire through. Not the best solution, but it worked fine. The hole is covered up by the trim piece, and the top of the trim piece is a great vantage point to run wiring under the bottom of the kick plate.

EDIT: Not sure why the images were rotated in upload, but it should give you an idea!

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
How are you getting that measurement of 8.8 watts? Voltage like that can only be measured with an oscilloscope or a power analyzer, both tools that the average person doesnt own (not calling you average :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts