Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to wire several LED ceiling lights together? In series or parallel? I'm wiring together either 4 or 6 on the ceiling plus 2 over counter lights, all on the same switch.

I've looked at diagrams and the series looks straightforward but what kind of a connector would I use if they're wired in parallel?

Has anyone found a ceiling light that they like that's not too powerful and is a warmer color of light?

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
The rating of the LED will determine if you can wire in series. Series wiring reduces the Voltage to each light in the series so if you had 4 lights rated for 3 volts and wanted to connect them to a 12 volt source you should wire them in series and they should work fine. However if you have 4 lights rated for 12 volts then you will need to wire them in parallel so each receives the full 12 volts. Dimmers for LEDs are available here. https://www.amazon.com/Remote-Contr...d=1490016479&sr=8-9&keywords=LED+light+dimmer
Color can be dependent on the lens. Mine are fine except a bit blue white not yellow. See: https://www.amazon.com/Lumitronics-...1490016789&sr=8-176&keywords=LED+light+for+RV
If you look there are now similiar units with a built in dimmer and less blue color. It not a mature product line.

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, thanks for explanation. Is the best way to wire them in parallel to cut the main wires at each light location (resulting in two positive wire ends and two neg wire ends), then put the two ends of each main wire together in one connector and then put the pigtail of the light into a mating connector, and then do that with every light?

·
Registered
2014 3500ext Gas - VA
251 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I mounted a round led 12 volt outdoor light from home depot over my table on my sailboat, and am going to mount one in my van. It has opaque glass and is perfect for lighting the whole cabin in an incidental way, but just right underneath it to play cards. It swivels so you can point it towards the sink stove and works for that too.
Not sure if their wire is a good deal ? 50 ft of 14/2 for 20 bucks ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts