Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
Hi all,
Bought a 2020 Promaster EXT a few months back that I'm ever so slowly converting into a campervan. Right now I'm redoing the sound system, and I bought a Dasaita PX6 10.2" touch screen head unit. Where I'm stuck is the wiring. Is there an adapter I can buy that plugs into the OEM harness so I don't have to cut the vehicle wires?
I spoke to Crutchfield about a Readyharness, but apparently they only do that if you bought the head unit from them, which I would have gladly done if I had known they'd do the wiring for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all,
Bought a 2020 Promaster EXT a few months back that I'm ever so slowly converting into a campervan. Right now I'm redoing the sound system, and I bought a Dasaita PX6 10.2" touch screen head unit. Where I'm stuck is the wiring. Is there an adapter I can buy that plugs into the OEM harness so I don't have to cut the vehicle wires?
I spoke to Crutchfield about a Readyharness, but apparently they only do that if you bought the head unit from them, which I would have gladly done if I had known they'd do the wiring for me.
Follow this guide: Android radio (ATOTO A6) on 2019 Promaster
The screen of my old Atoto unit went bad and actually bought a Dasaita PX6 10.2 as a replacement (Dasaita 10 inch Adjustable Screen 2din Android 9.0 Car Stereo for Universal Radio GPS DSP System 4G Ram 64G ROM Bluetooth 5.0 15Band EQ Navigation Multimedia: Amazon.ca: Electronics). Took a Nissan harness that came with it and stripped the wire then soldered them to the iDatalink HRN-RR-CH3 Factory Integration Adapter that way you don't have to cut any factory wire. Everything work perfectly, steering control, backup cam etc.. Also if you get this wire you can also connect the factory GPS antenna of the car (blue connector) to the unit directly that way you'll get the best possible signal without having to run additionnal wire to install the supplied antenna: Bingfu Vehicle Car GPS Antenna Adapter Cable SMA Male to Fakra C Male Blue Coaxial Pigtail Cable 15cm 6 inch for Vehicle Truck SUV Car Stereo Head Unit GPS Navigation Receiver System GPS Tracker Modem: Amazon.ca: Electronics

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.