Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I just recently purchased a new 2500 Promaster, one with a high roof. Storing it outside during the snowy season is the only option for me right now. I was wondering if any of you have covered your vehicle during the winter months? If so, what did you use? I would like to cover it with something to protect it from the elements (and snow blower) during the off season. I was considering the same type of blue shrink wrap material used for boats.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
I have a 12' high large I can keep it in but it pretty much stays outside rain, snow, fog, winter & summer. Covers tend to cause more problems IMHO than solve.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Shrink wrap, canvasette, tarpaulin covers - will not protect from snow thrower anything if someone if foolish enough to point the chute at a vehicle. Just the thought of machine-gunned gravel makes me wince!

I just had a visit from City Code Enforcement: my 10x20 tarp shelter-tent-shed is non-compliant and I've got another 20~ days to remove it, yes, it outlived its original mission at 6 years and 5 months up-time. The Inspector said the majority of their 'accessory structure' removals are for carports of any flavor. My shelter was just for 'one season' for my Airstream trailer restoration parts and it kinda turned into a permanent deep storage thing... Yeah, using it as an excuse to get a dumpster and do a real house/garage/shed clean out.

If you can get away with spending some money & not have City Code people visiting look at Farmtek. I've got $800 in my $200 tarp shelter (such a deal) with 12 tons of dirt to better level the site, chipboard floor on peatmoss pad, salvage fence panel kneewalls, pressure treated sleeper beams, tie downs, CFL lighting, gnarly nylon ty-wraps to hold fabric down, replaced roof sheet once, etc... I'd dearly love some/any of those Farmtek buildings but it ain't happening here!

(Code violation? A realtor/lawyer neighbor tried to extort $1200 from us to take his rental property tree out that touches our common property line, said no & Code guy shows up...)

·
Registered
538 Posts
No winter storage for me. Its my daily driver!

My be starting a new job soon. I'll be commuting in it across two cities to work!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts