Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, started to think about a van to haul all the windsurfing gear.. PM seems a good fit!

Actually, it most likely is the BEST fit, since one of the Forum Mods use it specifically for that reason!
Looking forward to learn quite a bit here!

Best,
Marek

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome! You will find great people and a vast amount of knowledge.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep, makes a great windsurfing van. Having come from a low roof Econoline being able to stand up and change out of your wetsuit is a complete luxury. Also plenty of room for boards and still have a bed.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You can fit even more dangling gear! ;)

Awesome van to carry SUPs, windsurf, surf and kite gear. You just have to be creative in your design to maximize space.

Attachments

Reactions: PMF

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi all, started to think about a van to haul all the windsurfing gear.. PM seems a good fit!

Actually, it most likely is the BEST fit, since one of the Forum Mods use it specifically for that reason!
Looking forward to learn quite a bit here!

Best,
Marek
If you want to camp and haul the rigs, go for the Ext version. With boards running just under 8' now the extended version leaves you 5' of free room.

If you position the boards down the right and left walls above the wheel wells you will have room to build a bed platform set at mid rail height. This setup leaves room for a double or queen bed (depending on cross or length wise sleeping). With this arrangement you will have room for Mtn bikes climbing gear etc down the middle under the bed.

My wife and I are planning on hauling 4 boards, 4 booms, masts, and a shared sail range up to a 6.0. We will also bring 2 Mtn bikes, and climbing gear:).

Have fun with it!

Cheers,

Dave

Reactions: Marek and PMF

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Guys, seems I found the right place to push forward with a PM surf mobile!
Marek

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Special thanks to Dwight and Dave for forthcoming with pics and info... Much appreciated!

Good winds..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep, makes a great windsurfing van. Having come from a low roof Econoline being able to stand up and change out of your wetsuit is a complete luxury. Also plenty of room for boards and still have a bed.

Hatchery at Columbia River?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like I may have to tear myself away from my build project this afternoon for a session...
Enjoy while you can!.My location got a whole total of 3 knots this afternoon, got the minivan loaded with gear for nothing.. ;((

1 - 17 of 17 Posts