Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a trip from the Seattle area down to Mohave Lake, south of Las Vegas on the border between AZ and NV. Windsurfed for about a week there. Did fantastic day hikes in Joshua Tree and Death Valley on the way home. Caravaned with my friend who also has a Promaster. While camping on a dry lakebed on BLM land near Joshua Tree we saw 2 other Promasters and took pictures of all 4 of our vans together.
promasters.jpg

That drive from Joshua Tree to Death Valley is seriously remote, lonely, scary and spectacularly beautiful.
remote.jpg

Hike in Joshua tree:
joshua.jpg

Hike in Death Valley:
deathValley.jpg

Snow north of Susanville, CA on the way home. This was scary, but about as bad as it got:
snow.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,558 Posts
I’ve done that ride from Joshua Tree to DV several times. It’s a great trip just fuel up in advance!

·
Registered
2018 2500 159-HR
177 Posts
How was the wind on Lake Mohave? Did you happen to check out Lake Isabella or any other spots along the way? See many kiters? I've been looking for a somewhat reliable alternative to the gusty winter storm fronts here in NorCal to satisfy the jones, but that's a long trip even from here (San Jose area). (I mostly kite; my windsurf gear is in Hood River... am in the market for a smallish windfoil board for when I don't want to deal with strings).

See you in da hood!
-Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts