Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks. Just wanted to bring this up in case anyone else had this issue. Its a minor one. So minor I usually forgot about it when I had a chance to look at it. Having a great weather day today. 60 degrees and mostly sunny. Great for January in Va. So this morning I decided to "wash the garage". Thats what washing a high roof PM feels like to me with all my arthritis. But it's good exercise for an old guy. I treated the tires and all the plastic panels and washed it all over. Then I remembered that the passenger side washer blows all the fluid up over the van to hit the car behind me. Its a minor thing. The driver side throws so much fluid, that it still did the job. I looked at the washer jet and it had a flat slotted set screw on one side! Eureka! Got tweaker out and turned it a tiny bit down. Nailed it! Hits the windshield dead center now. Nice job Chrysler! Very nice bit hardware there. Easy to adjust too! My Fords ten years back had washer hardware that snapped off if you looked at it funny. Cheap and brittle plastic. Back in the 70's you had to insert a pin into the jet and rotate it's ball to re-aim the jet. Worked, but it was awkward. Nice to see progress here. Its a little thing, but I appreciate it.

Reactions: mtiberio

·
Registered
186 Posts
An Amazingly simple adjustment that my inept local dealer could not figure out..lol
They missed the adjustment on the pre deliver inspection and when I asked them to adjust the aim they said it was not possible and ordered replacments to cover there ass on a poor PDI. I went ahead and let them order the parts then made the adjustment myself. So if anyone needs squirter nozzles Dick Hannah Rm in Vanc Wa has some.
I also suggested to FCA they look into the warranty claims filed on my first PM, Hannah now has a new Service mgr. I expect it won't keep long for things to improve as the new guys seems to better understand the meaning of service.

·
Registered
2016 136 low, w/u-haul package
171 Posts
Just discovered this after 2 years of ownership. Was prepping the van for upcoming storm, filling washer fluid, and was making one last attempt to aim the sprayer. DOH. As we used to say in Massachusetts, "Dawn breaks over Marblehead".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts