Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it less than a minute ago when passed by a big rig on the interstate. Do I remember correctly that if it is protected, then filled, we can perhaps avoid replacement? It's a circle, not a line crack.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Insurance will cover it. They will determine if it can be fixed. I've had it happen a couple
times and insurance took care of it, no extra cost to me. They might even send someone
to you to fix it.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,547 Posts
The good news... it's a ding not a crack. But still it's another issue that's beyond your control. Sorry to hear.

I'm hoping you have full glass coverage, that would take care of the cost side of the issue. I know it's an optional coverage in CT.

Ed

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
I just got mine replaced, regional company quoted $895 but discounted it to $860. Progressive ins. said they use Safelite and to have a check ready for the installer for my $500 deductible. When they got to my house I saw the invoice was $420 so I paid for the whole cost and Progressive nixed the claim. Wow I wouln't have believed there would be so much price difference. BTW I found on cars tProgressive offers $500 deductable on comprehensive BUT full glass coverage if you opt for it. I wish I had. Good luck on the ding repair. Mine stared out as a stone chip and within an hour it was a 12" long crack and I couldn't get it through inspection.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Round ones with no radiating cracks are often successfully filled with a clear epoxy and they seem to disappear!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have used those kits from auto stores on small dings in the past with excellent results. No problems on my PM so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts