Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Hope everyone is well!
I thought I knew what I wanted in terms of windows, until I made the calls to order them... Now I am thoroughly confused. I would like 2 bunk sliders for ventilation and also enjoy the view. I also need a window in the sliding door for safety (this is the only window I feel confident to install the CRL no ventilation) because it is a driving safety must, and finally I would like a window above the kitchen galley behind the driver seat for view and ventilation.
The first issue I have is that my galley base cabinet will stand at a 37" height (floor, cabinet, counter top) which is well above the cross beam and covers some of the lower portion of the window (the ventilation awning part).
I looked for alternatives and discovered that all sorts of windows exist, requiring different installation processes and with mixed reviews. These are my questions:
1- Is there a brand/style I should stay away from ? (quality, aesthetics, functioning, safety).
2- Does someone have a large promaster window with T ventilation above (in this case partly behind) the galley cabinets and find the the ventilation is adequate?
3- I see photos of vans with windows above the galley that are smaller than the CRL T vent and therefore sit higher, with a slider for ventilation but do not know what they are....

Any thoughts ?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Ventilation is no problem with our setup. All our windows are Motion Window sliders, including this one over the sink cabinet. The window is 20" tall. The countertop is 35.75" above the surface of the 1.5" thick floor. The backsplash stands 1.5" above the countertop. The trough between the backsplash and window that is 2.75" deep by 2.25" wide, the width of the window recess. Therefore, ventilation is not really impeded at all.

You should really consider a window in the sliding door that also opens for ventilation, in addition to the over-bed sliders. That way you have cross ventilation potential up front and in back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve, this is very helpful. The CRL dual vent awning style takes the entire available space and is about 23”
and because the awning opening is so limited the air enters at the bottom of the window which isn’t very helpful.
Your window is slightly more narrow so I can install it slightly higher and the sliders are a much better option indeed for this application.
do you also have this window in the sliding door?
(I really like your cabinet set up! I like the full height counter top. Is the cabinet standard 24” deep?)
Thks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you having a difficult time understanding you need to make an introductory post?
Hi. If you are still looking, I just posted that I have a non-opening OEM window for the slider door for sale for $50. I replaced it with the CRL T-vent window. I bought the van over the internet and didn't see that side of the van and didn't know that OEM window was even there. I wouldn't have replaced it if I had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts