Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my window vent visors. Dealer owed me a favor plus some. So they ordered me in the vent covers for my windows. Took 15 minutes and i love the look and able to open windows in the rain now.
Plus my heated mirrors are in next week can't wait with winter only a coupl days away, kidding >:D

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Those look great. Are those a Mopar part? Do you have a part number? I've been looking for a set that will tape on over both the fixed and openable window. So many are the in-track type like WeatherTech etc. I think the tape on ones do a much better job. I found a vendor in the UK that had a set, but no pictures of them installed. I didn't want to take the chance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pete
Yes this is a Mopar part, made in the USA. They are very strong. It is the type i wanted
also instead of the ones mounted in the glass track
Part # 82214034AB

I did not have to pay , as i said the Dealer owed me big, but i saw the price for the pair $ 98.00 plus tax
his cost ( also Canadian dollar )

David

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keith:

I will let you know tonight as i will be driving on the highway today

David

·
Registered
233 Posts
Heated Mirrors

Just installed my window vent visors. Dealer owed me a favor plus some. So they ordered me in the vent covers for my windows. Took 15 minutes and i love the look and able to open windows in the rain now.
Plus my heated mirrors are in next week can't wait with winter only a coupl days away, kidding >:D
David,

Thanks for the link to window visors!

Can you tell me about your heated mirrors.

Did you order the heated mirrors because your van did not have that option or did you have a factory order and the PM showed up minus the heated mirrors.

I factory ordered my PM with the power heated mirrors but the dealer input the wrong code and I received my PM with no power controls and no heating. As it turns out the dealer say my pm has no wiring harness to accept power controls so even if they order the parts they say they can't install them without the factory wiring harness.

They also say they cannot install a harness:( The dealer is turning out to be a huge disappointment!

Thank you,

Dave

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave's not Home:

Just to start . I bought PM off lot , it was a left over from last year, so the only one left. I did get a great deal because 2016 are coming out soon. But part of the selling list was it said on the window sticker it had Heated Power Mirrors.

So took me a couple days to realize i cant find heated mirror button. I have the power part just not the defrost button on dash.

So i asked and they tried to say it was a misprint , but my sales guy already gave me a printout of the actual truck list that was shipped. They than tried to pay me for what was missing.

So next week i get my heated mirrors. >:D They said they might have to run wires to make them work ( the guy in shop said the harnise should be already there) and i said thats ok it is what i thought i paid for.

Trust me they have been very good and heplful

Hope this helps .

You did not make the mistake....they did

( I just got a remote starter installed today paid by them also )

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keith: The visors work great . It rained today so i could also have the windows open. On the highway there is no
noise from them being installed on the side of truck. And with the window open on highway there was no extra
noise than if i had window open without them.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
810 Posts
I had purchased a set of the the type that slipped into the window channels. They really slow down my windows, in the passenger window even kicked out the circuit breaker a few times. I took them out and chopped off the down part and double sticky tape the top part to the doors. Works great and I didn't have to send them back.
They were aftermarket AVS brand I believe

·
Registered
763 Posts
DavidK: The manual states the mirror heaters are co-activated with the rear-window defroster - the button is the center of the climate controls mode dial, the one farthest to the right. I seem to remember another detail that it's temperature controlled, less than 50ºF or somesuch. And - I have not tested this, just counting on it working in a few months...

You may have a blank dial face, my commercial sales manager said 'all of them have the rear window defroster button', I have no clue other than I have the option and the switch...

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/owners/manuals/

Page numbers vary a little, latest is 4th Edition Rev. 2.

(Page 74)
Heated Mirrors — If Equipped:
These mirrors are heated to melt frost or ice. This feature is activated whenever you turn on the rear window defroster. Refer to “Rear Window Features” in “Understanding The Features Of Your Vehicle” for further information.

(Page 181)
Rear Window Defrosting
Press the Rear Defrost button to activate heated rear window defrosting. This function switches OFF automatically after about 20 minutes or when the engine is turned OFF. It is not switched on automatically the next time the engine is started.

If equipped, press the Rear Defrost button to activate defrosting of door mirrors and heated nozzles

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Zoomyn
I do not have the rear window defrost on my truck. I do have rear windows , just was not ordered with the rear defrost. So my button is blank ( does not have the centre symbol ) So they are changing button and mirrors

Also my mirrors do not have the heat symbol on each one. Which i was told should be there. I will know more when they install next Friday

You should be able to check to so if your mirrors work by turning on your defrost in the cool morning just to take the dew off. That is how my Journey works you can lay hand on the mirror and feel the warmth

David

·
Registered
604 Posts
Dave's not Home:

Just to start . I bought PM off lot , it was a left over from last year, so the only one left. I did get a great deal because 2016 are coming out soon. But part of the selling list was it said on the window sticker it had Heated Power Mirrors.

So took me a couple days to realize i cant find heated mirror button. I have the power part just not the defrost button on dash.

So i asked and they tried to say it was a misprint , but my sales guy already gave me a printout of the actual truck list that was shipped. They than tried to pay me for what was missing.

So next week i get my heated mirrors. >:D They said they might have to run wires to make them work ( the guy in shop said the harnise should be already there) and i said thats ok it is what i thought i paid for.

Trust me they have been very good and heplful

Hope this helps .

You did not make the mistake....they did

( I just got a remote starter installed today paid by them also )
Not sure what your build date is?

If I recall, a few people had a similar issue during 2014. They had a PM spec'd with heated mirrors but no button. The dealers had to order the correct heater control panel and install it. Can't remember if they had the correct mirrors or not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Makevx73
Yes mine is a 2014, have the power mirrors but not the right mirrors or the defrost button.
All should be good next week

David

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thought so. Just one more of the "Mexican mix-ups" on a new assembly line... :laugh:

Glad to hear your dealer is making good on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya funny someone on the build line is not translating very well...

Yes, thanks to my salesman, he is really good and wants his customers happy.
Plus i have bought a couple autos from him.

Good PR. and the service manager and all others are very helpful. I know it is
a new line of trucks for them, so a learning time for them also.

But they all seem very happy to make me happy

David

·
Registered
604 Posts
Glad to hear of a satisfied customer. :)

Your PM looks good, by the way.

Been wanting to get up your way for a vacation for sometime. Won't be this year but if and when, I'll honk when I see you! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks about the PM i am getting comforable with it now. Approx
2 months now, and getting all sorted out.

Yes if and when you get up this way, give me a honk :D The fishing
and boating is great ....and for you , your $ goes much farther

David

·
Registered
810 Posts
My 2014 came with heated mirrors and the button, but it did not work. After reading other threads, the factory went ahead and built them without the wiring harness just thinking they would add them later. I went to the dealer he pulled up the TSB and said yes mine did not have the harness, they got the harness in and wired it up it took them less than an hour, now my mirrors heat up with the button that was in there but I did not get the wiring harness from the factory.

·
Registered
763 Posts
sorry to hijack thread another round - I have heated mirror option but NOT the rear window defrosters, I'd originally said it was must-have but 25% off sticker cured me off my ways.

And in Minnesota - every piece of glass should have a heater on it, there were one out of fifty lot PM's that came equipped w/ rear defrosters. Talk about a cluster fussed group-think on FCA's part, though the Salesman said none of the first year PMs had engine/transmission heaters...

built them without the wiring harness
my mirrors do not have the heat symbol on each one

Now I gotta go check for symbols and operation on a 95ºF day : )

·
Registered
604 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts