Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read if the window version of the Promaster will be available for 2018? I haven't seen anything yet, no mention of it in the brochures, etc.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got an answer to my own question today. For 2018 the Window Van will be shipped as an incomplete vehicle only and sent to upfitters. It cannot be ordered by a consumer.

I've been researching L- Track floors and came across the Smartfloor and the Innotrax, and it is impossible to actually buy these floors. You can only get them as part of a complete conversion with wall liners, seats, rear a/c and heat, a fire extinguisher, some no smoking decals, etc. . It's a shame really, since the floor system would be perfect for moto haulers. Like most things in the mobility industry, the prices are artificially high since many of these purchases are made through insurance companies. For those considering it, I was quoted just over $12K for a floor, walls and rear a/c and heat.

As part of that research one of the converters indicated that the 2018 model was going to be direct to upfitter only.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm not surprised. I've never seen a window van on the road and the Ram website vehicle locator shows no 2017s in my state.
With sales so low, I assumed they just dropped it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got an answer to my own question today. For 2018 the Window Van will be shipped as an incomplete vehicle only and sent to upfitters. It cannot be ordered by a consumer.

I've been researching L- Track floors and came across the Smartfloor and the Innotrax, and it is impossible to actually buy these floors. You can only get them as part of a complete conversion with wall liners, seats, rear a/c and heat, a fire extinguisher, some no smoking decals, etc. . It's a shame really, since the floor system would be perfect for moto haulers. Like most things in the mobility industry, the prices are artificially high since many of these purchases are made through insurance companies. For those considering it, I was quoted just over $12K for a floor, walls and rear a/c and heat.

As part of that research one of the converters indicated that the 2018 model was going to be direct to upfitter only.

Regarding the L-track - this floor from Ranger Design looks like it has L track incorporated. https://rangerdesign.com/products/ram-promaster-136-wb-floor-6540-pm/
Reading through the installation - it looks like the L track (or other track for securing cabinets) is secured down to the floor. I could be completely off base in that I am relying on the web picture.

·
Registered
6 Posts
According to my build up from RamTruck.ca I can get (fixed glass) windows all around for a low roof 136". But because the dealer uses their own order program it contradicts whatever is on the build site.

Worst ordering experience ever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts