·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
538 Posts
I take offense to that!

You'll need the $40 roll of the four foot tall reflectix if you want to make a windshield cover. The cheaper two foot tall roll ain't gonna get it done! ;-)

I made a full set of them and then sewed edge binding around them and glued little high power magnets to the edge binding. Harbor freight sells tubes of the tiny magnets that work well. Shoe Goo or GOOP adhesive will stick them on pretty well.

But ya want something classy? That costs some real money!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahaha, ok, fine $40 roll of Reflectix. That's my "I'll do that on Thursday" plan until I find someone that makes some nicer covers.

I'm in for paying like $400 for someone to make me something half decent for the 6 window covers. Windshield, side, slider, and 2 rear door windows. I'm surprised no one does, or it just is THAT hard to make them?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
I bought from High End Motorsports. Rears were custom made for my windows from my paper patterns. Windshield, side windows and 5 others. They use suction cups but I did Velcro. No magnets. Ask them for custom made for your windows. White inside-decorate with permanent markers? Slightly stiff but they roll and come with velcro straps.

https://www.high-end-motorsports.com/ram-promaster-sunshade.html

Reactions: falconed

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took a look on Etsy. Considering the whole vanlife deal, you'd think there'd be more on there.

Anyway, this link might work for you, they do Sprinters but also do custom work:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/563527...3f1ae9972db54f08fa937ef5556f3ff2158:563527294
Wow, this is EXACTLY what I wanted. Reflective on one side, black on the other and he makes them with extra thinsulate. You can flip them left to right (or around for the square windows) for winter/summer and they attach with magnets to the outside of the window frame, and are $750 for extra insulated for a set of 6. SOLD. I emailed him.

I bought from High End Motorsports. Rears were custom made for my windows from my paper patterns. Windshield, side windows and 5 others. They use suction cups but I did Velcro. No magnets. Ask them for custom made for your windows. White inside-decorate with permanent markers? Slightly stiff but they roll and come with velcro straps.

https://www.high-end-motorsports.com/ram-promaster-sunshade.html
These are good for summer as they are reflective shades, but won't work well in the winter (think -10 outside)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ian with Wayfarer Vans (you can google them) who specializes in conversion kits, sold me the rear and sliding door window covers for the Promaster. Their site doesn't yet offer purchasing of individual components, but Ian indicated in an email that due to the large number of requests from DIYers, he's likely going to start selling some of the components he uses in his conversions. I saw the window covers on a YouTube video and they look a bit more professional than my reflectix covers, so I am looking forward to getting them. Just wanted to alert everyone about this possible source for window covers and maybe other things hopefully coming soon. Can't say enough good things about how Ian and the Wayfarer Team have responded to my requests and helped me out. They appear to be a first class operation.

·
Registered
837 Posts
hmmm $150.00......i will say they look good

I just go to $ store ......get a windshield cover and another one to cut in half for each door windows...they do reflect sun....very thin.....not much insulation value

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought mine from Vanmade gear and they've been great. A little on the pricey side, but really nice fit and quality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts