Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming I have a sufficiently strong ramp - would a Smart Car fit in the back of a PM ??

I believe the Smart Car is 65.5 inches wide (not sure if that includes mirrors).

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
1,006 Posts
Maybe. It might fit over the wheel wells if you drove it onto a platform. The Fortwo is 65.5 W (with mirrors) x 61.25 tall.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,441 Posts
I just measured mine and it is 61 and some change just above the floor. I'm sure it gets narrower higher up.
Your right, Ram doesn't put all the spec's on one page that I can find, such as door and wheel well width.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I seem to remember that when the new fiat 500 was introduced one was driven out of the back of a Ducato 159 ext on a stage with a ramp inside to clear the car over the wheel wells. I cannot find it. Google has not been good to me or my memory is shot, or all three. LOL

·
Registered
808 Posts
Maybe. It might fit over the wheel wells if you drove it onto a platform. The Fortwo is 65.5 W (with mirrors) x 61.25 tall.
Even if you got it through the doors and over some ramps over the wheel wells, you might hit the ceiling doing it. The wheel wells are about 17" high. I guess the extra tall European Ducato is an option.

Here's a fairly comprehensive list of the interior dimensions of most US vans for other options:

https://www.adriansteel.com/item/cargo-vans/dimensions/

·
Registered
221 Posts
This thread makes me keep imagining a hard braking incident, then this newspaper headline:
Driver Rear-Ended By Own Car

1 - 15 of 15 Posts