Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Hopefully by Friday evening I will be a 2017 HR 159" Promaster owner. Need to fly out to NC from CO to pick it up. Looking forward to spending many hours on the forum and working on converting it into a adventure van.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome to the club! My advice is to take a big blanket to hang behind the cab for the long drive home. This will help keep the heat in the front of the vehicle and also keep the noise in the cargo area. I did this for my 5 hour drive home last January, you'd be surprised how loud and cold an empty van is! Good luck with the purchase and build.
Shaun

·
Registered
29 Posts
Took me twelve hours from the dealer in Austin back to the BigBend, drove slow because of the brake-in recommendations. You would be surprised how long you can drive and still be in Texas. Good luck on your trip, I am lovin my 2017 159 HT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats! I just bought a 2017 159" HT about 3 weeks ago, and absolutely love the thing. Curious as to why you went out to NC to get it? I live in CO as well, and just got mine with some nice features, sliding door window, rear door windows, for about $34k.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whew, haven't driven like that in a long time. Got to Denver yesterday and had dinner with some friends and then drove up to the mountains today.
Luckily it came with a cargo divider so I was toasty and it was quiet. Drove like a champ, with the exception of some noise coming from the front driver's side pillar, like flapping papers, anyone else experience that?

Steel, I think Kansas might feel a little like Texas.

Stache, mine is base model, but has rear door windows. Got mine for $24k including dealer fees. Thats why I flew out there.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whew, haven't driven like that in a while. Made it back to Denver on Saturday and had some dinner with friends. Drove up to the mountains Sunday morning. Feels good to be home.

Steel, Kansas feels a little like TX I think, lasts forever.

Stache, I went to NC because I got a base model with rear door windows for $24k

Reactions: steel_fl

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Actually it is about half the width of Texas along I-10 compared with I-70. You will sleep and buy gas in the state of Texas if you cross on that road. A detour to Big Bend makes it all worthwhile though. All of I 10 is no toll. Kansas ripps you for the toll of about $17.50 which I will never drive as I don’t do tolls.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My toll on i-70 was $3. The WV tolls were $9. Still coming out waaay ahead.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome. I look forward to seeing your conversion. Can't wait to get back to CO when mine is done!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts