Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Roadtrek RV on a 2017 Dodge Ram Promaster 3500 chassis. I was driving down a steep grade (7%) with tow haul engaged. Going about 50 mph, I braked for 2-3 seconds and then saw a warning message on the dash (something about system hydraulic... sorry, can't remember the exact verbiage) and the "brake hydraulic system red warning light" came on and stayed solid. Turned off the tow haul after I got to the bottom of the mountain and continued driving. Didn't have any problem braking, but the warning light remained solid the whole time. After driving a bit longer, I stopped and turned off the vehicle. When I started it back up, the "brake hydraulic system red warning light" did not illuminate. It seemed like things got "reset" somehow when I turned off the vehicle? Any idea why the warning light would have come on in the first place? Can you not manually brake when tow haul is engaged?

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
I’d guess the angle let the brake fluid sensor think the fluid was low and it has nothing to do with the tow-haul. If it isn’t low you are all set. Test- drive on flat, put the tow haul feature on, brake a reasonable amount. No lights- right? No issue -continue to enjoy your van.

Snowbird eh? In AZ they call us that in a pejorative way as they don’t like the fact we are too smart to stay there in the summer. In NH and Vermont they call us Flatlander's as they don’t like the fact we are too smart to stay there in the winter, it is meant as an insult there too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Your theory makes sense to me, I'll test as you suggested.

And for the record, I've been called a lot worse than "snowbird"... LOL

·
Registered
36 Posts
I get a "Low brake fluid" warning every time I go down a road near my house (very steep down). The first time I was a bit worried and checked it at the bottom of the hill. It never does it going up the hill. I believe it's just a false alarm due to the fluid sensor placement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts