Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll be there!
Just look for the Scorpion if you go and say hi to me and my wife (Brett & Jennifer Hawton).

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
470 Posts
I might just turn up just to eyeball your 118 . Great looking ride & nicely done .

Reactions: bahawton

·
Registered
2020 RAM ProMaster 1500 LR 118"
344 Posts
I might just turn up just to eyeball your 118 . Great looking ride & nicely done .
It seriously is nice…I had the great opportunity to meet them and their van. 118s rock

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We survived “Descend on Bend” and enjoyed a quiet night at our property on the way home. Over 1,000 camping rigs so that's a **** of a lot of nomads!!! Nearby forest fires brought a lot of smoke in Friday night but that made the laser shows even more awesome…

2021 Descend on Bend

·
Premium Member
2018 159 High Roof gas, BC, Canada
1,755 Posts
We survived “Descend on Bend” and enjoyed a quiet night at our property on the way home. Over 1,000 camping rigs so that's a **** of a lot of nomads!!! Nearby forest fires brought a lot of smoke in Friday night but that made the laser shows even more awesome…

2021 Descend on Bend
Nice set of photos! I've visited Bend and thus it's close enough that maybe I could "Descend" on it in the future.

I noticed that one of your photos suggests that your PM got stuck in sand. I haven't yet driven in sand but a dirt road could be in my future soon. Did anyone else have trouble? (There were a lot of vehicles and many seemed to be in sand.) Did that towel help you get out? How did you get going again?

Reactions: bahawton

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There was hard packed sand and extremely soft sand there- They looked the same so a lot of Promasters needed to get pulled back a couple feet when driving into the wrong spots. Some had A/T tires and a couple had M/T tires. I have "3 Peak" snow rated A/S tires designed for heavy SUVs since my van is pretty light, and no, the doormat didn't help. Our neighbor lent us a pair of traction mats that allowed me to back up out of the soft sand. Later I aired down from 50 to 40 PSI and left with no problems. Some people were airing down to 25lbs but I didn't know how long I would have to drive on the highway to find air so I didn't want to go that low. In the future when I'm going to somewhere that I'm not familiar with, I'll bring my air compressor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts