Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Manufacturer do you think makes the best cargo vans in terms of quality, reliability and reputation? Is there a manufacturer considered the top dog of the cargo segment? Which is better? Domestic or Foreign brands?

·
Registered
41 Posts
For the longest time when ever thinkin about cargo van you would hear the name chevy express and ford transit and slowly the imports started out with the Nissan NV. Those I would say are some of the main cargo vans the trades use.

·
Registered
363 Posts
In America for a while it's been the Ford Econoline, GMC Savana and Chevrolet Express. Nearly anywhere you go in the U.S. you'll see these, they are the best when it comes to affordability, reliability, durability & cost of ownership.

Only downside is that they are all V8's so gas mileage in city driving does suck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
In America for a while it's been the Ford Econoline, GMC Savana and Chevrolet Express. Nearly anywhere you go in the U.S. you'll see these, they are the best when it comes to affordability, reliability, durability & cost of ownership.

Only downside is that they are all V8's so gas mileage in city driving does suck.
Those are the staples in commercial cargo vans in the U.S. If it wasn't for these type of vehicles we would have to consider bigger and more expensive commercial trucks. These are pretty draining when it comes to gas, hopefully the promaster can shed some light on fuel economy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After some research, it seems to me the top vans are the Mercedes Sprinter, the Transit, Express and Promaster.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Mercedes Sprinter looks interesting but only cause of its design. The Transit and Express all seem like good options. I wonder why BMW hasn't made a cargo van.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use to think the Mercedes sprinter was the premium for these kinds of trucks but when I went on a trip to Europe I had a chance to check one out and its nothing special. The build quality was decent but no different than the quality of a ford transit in the U.S. Its more so just the name and badge that makes it good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
After some research, it seems to me the top vans are the Mercedes Sprinter, the Transit, Express and Promaster.
Mercedes definitely has the biggest reach globally. While they are recognized as a luxury vehicle in North America, around the world they have their hand in everything else from trucks, to commercial, vans, to buses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts