Ram Promaster Forum banner

Who is this guy and where do I get his design

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  roblobster 
#1 ·
So i am looking to build my own easy loading Kayak racks for my high top promaster but dont want to spend over $1000 in the fancy easy loading slide out racks. I am an engineer so I could design my own but that is a lot of time. I found this guy and want to know if he is willing to give out or sell me his design so I can build my own. Here is his web link: Roof Rack – Promaster RV

#5 ·
I went thru the process of trying to design a rear lift rack for two kayaks. Seeing how I was also working around an air conditioner, solar panels and roof fans it got complicated fast. I even went as far as building a prototype to see how our 40# kayaks would lift that high. In the end I designed for Hullivators and side mounts.

You might try to study out the EZ REC kayak loader and see if you can duplicate that. It needs to be a lot longer to get a boat on top of an 8 ft high van. --KenA

Sun2 with ladder rack Assembly-1 .pdf

Attachments

#7 ·
Found this van for sale with this phone # My asking price is $48,500. If you want to see the van, get more details or want to make an offer, please call me at (909) 936-5554

#11 ·
Solo loading: I load and unload by myself. An extra hand is welcome when placing into the side mounted cradle but not necessary. I had to make custom cradles to fit our boats. The foam tips grip the sides of kayak and so anchors the kayak in place until I get one strap on. The original tubular cradles may or may not hold your boat in place. It would depend on the shape of your kayak. I also use a folding two-step stool that is 41" high. --KenA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.