Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,091 Posts
This guy sure loves himself! Unfortunately, he leaves out a lot in his slick sales video. Way too much set up and break down to use most things, where does he store all these curtains much less everything else a serious camper needs or wants? Well executed but, obviously cost was no consideration. A lot of "flash", fancy shower that will probably never be used, needless counter space, and worst of all a total lack of what one really needs in a van for camping. I did like his stainless steel spring idea but even that isn’t particularly something I would use in my build.

All in all - very flashy, well done build that looks great but certainly way overdone to the extent that form overtakes function in the end. Many of the conversions done here by members are done just as well, in far less time for probably a third of the cost or less and in the end are more user friendly.

Not worth the 30 minutes I wasted watching it, unfortunately ☹

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I think if someone was going to buy an off the shelf class B, they should look at having one custom built.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I was going to say something similar.
Nice build. A lot of clever features. But a little pricey and over engineered for the average Joe.
I skipped through to the bathroom stuff because that's where I need ideas. Plus I couldn't watch the whole thing because he spent more time telling us how great his ideas were than showing how they worked.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Many of the conversions done here by members are done just as well, in far less time for probably a third of the cost or less and in the end are more user friendly.
Probably much, much less. His electrical setup and Air Conditioner probably cost about what the average conversion would cost to build. Plus all his framing is 80/20 which is nice to work with, but isn't cheap.

I think if someone was going to buy an off the shelf class B, they should look at having one custom built.
For what Bs are selling for, for sure it should be an option. Get it how you want.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I mostly like it. Lots of attention to details. Not perfect, but what is? Definitely too much counter space for us, but I made the same mistake. Shower needs just a little more work.

BTW, if you play the video back at 2x speed, it only takes 15 minutes.

·
Premium Member
7,305 Posts
My conversion was $4600 including a $900 Espar heater. It can be done for much less. I think I could spec a $3000 conversion with some nice features, a china heater, solar, electrical, insulation and much more.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
This video is why I like being cheap and could care less about the van, "it's only a van".
I fuss over getting that last drop of oil out and I could care less if the van itself gets damaged. Not sure what's up with that :)
I thought he was going to have a mental breakdown when he was told his van was damaged.
I'm not trying to be mean or heartless, but IMO I don't think this is a good place to be.
It's only my opinion :)

·
Premium Member
7,305 Posts
My son totaled a car by rolling it over, later he got head on struck on his motorcycle, my daughter tail-ended a car, had my current 4 Runner (she owned) hit on a snowy road, my wife slid into a truck sideways and each time I got the call I had the good sense to think and ask, “Is everyone OK?” NEVER get upset about the car.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts