1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
231 Posts
Actually, the price isn't too bad for what you get. The diesel chassis alone cost $40-$45,000 when new(at least that is what was on my sales ticket) and the features of the conversion seem pretty solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I don’t care for the Sauna wood look but that aside it looks like a bargain with some real quality components well thought out. It is NON-WHITE and a diesel too! I’d add some eye relief to the interior (light colored panels) and start camping!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,527 Posts
Somebody is gonna get a good deal.

Construction seems totally straight-forward--substantially less complex than mine because he skimmed the wall surfaces instead of maximizing space.

I would like to know more about this: "31" x 16" x 16" Box Bench Seat - can be collapsed and stored behind driver seat"

As to who these people are--just ordinary people like you, Johntyree.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
That's an expensive fridge.

But on a serious note, anyone can build something like that. If you want the swanky #vanlife look, then it's easy with ikea drawer fronts/doors and handles. Throw in a lot of wood elements with white and you're good. There are better builds on this forum in my opinion. Josh's van is an example of a very clean and functional build, and he is on a 136:

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62842

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,259 Posts
Haven't seen a sliding partition before.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,537 Posts
Proeddie has a sliding partition closing off his rear bath.
Thanks for the note, MS.... Mine are more of the pocket door variety, that meet in the center. I can see why the above pictured design stored the doors to one side.

Early picture during the build stage... the doors are slid with heavy duty kitchen drawer slides, and the whole wall and door assembly is removable by taking out about 5 bolts on each side. The partition/wall on top of the wheel well is more permanent.

Both sides closed... latch-able from both sides, but if you latch it from the bath area, you must unlatch it there too! Drawer slides visible at the top and bottom, only on the bath side.

Wow, that was along time ago!

·
Super Moderator
10,185 Posts
I’m not impressed by the build at all - sorry I’ve also seen better builds here (proeddies for example)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Going stealth can simplify matters and tongue and groove can hide a multitude of sins. I like Eddie's build much better.

Some of these choices seem odd to me:

20 gallons of fresh and 7 gray and a pump for just a sink? Am I understanding him correctly, he's advocating opening a ball valve and dumping grey water in urban settings? 450 AH of AGM for what? A refrigerator, a couple fans, a TV, some LEDs, a water pump and maybe a heater fan. A 17 lb propane tank just to run a stove? What's the inverter for? He seems to have everything but a microwave. Where are the eating and work surfaces? If you're going stealth, why attract attention with octagonal rear windows?

That said, it seems a good value and I'm curious of the story behind the build. I may forward the link to my nephew who lives in Boulder.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,537 Posts
Thanks for the kind words! :D

Looking at the pictures again, I do like:

Outside color, height, and length >:D

32" TV.... I've spent hours staring at my inside trying to figure a way for a 32" TV

Velux skylight & dual Maxxaire fans

8 Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress... nice!

He doesn't show a back view... I'm guessing it looks like stock PM rear door windows, trimmed to a hex on the inside.

But... as everyone here would say if asked, "I'll keep mine"

·
Registered
179 Posts
A well built conversion even on a used chassis is a easy sell at 60k. Look on rvtrader and see what 60k buys you in the class B world. Mostly 10+ year old RVs. Maybe a complete junk new unit like those Hymer Sunlights.

For me 60k with no bathroom is a bit much, but theres a lot of people who dont care about that.

·
Super Moderator
10,185 Posts
The workmanship appears to be high quality and I’m sure the value is there but the execution, IMHO, reminds me of living in a cave. I wouldn’t switch it for mine or any other for that matter!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Velux skylight & dual Maxxaire fans
Agreed, I was hoping for a better picture to see how all that was done. The roof is pretty busy from the outside view and is hard to decode.

He doesn't show a back view... I'm guessing it looks like stock PM rear door windows, trimmed to a hex on the inside.
You're probably right. I think this came down to the "Easy-button". He was cladding everything in sight with tongue and groove and he came to the rear windows and was stymied by the rounded corners, so he got out the miter saw and trimmed them. Life would be so much easier with square or no windows and slab sides.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts