Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which terminal should I use on the van battery positive post to connect to my solar (house) battery?
There appears to be a fuse between A and B. Which A, B or D is connected direct to C?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
IMO I'd put a fuse between it and "D"

I had a 10ga wire and I used the tab with the smaller hole, inline fuse inbetween.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I used a fuse just like the one one between A and B to connect the cable to D. I put a bolt up through the bottom of D, then the fuse, then a nut. I did the same on the other side of the mega type fuse to connect the cable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a fuse just like the one one between A and B to connect the cable to D. I put a bolt up through the bottom of D, then the fuse, then a nut. I did the same on the other side of the mega type fuse to connect the cable.
Next DAQ (dumb a$$ question)... What type of fuse is that?
My Renogy DCC50S calls for a 75A inline from van battery/alternator and 65A inline to the house battery. I find 60A and 80A fuses, are those close enough?

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those of you who used ‘D’, what bolt(s) did you use? I checked with dealership parts dept. while getting shifter cable recall done. He couldn’t find bolt like those used in A and B.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
399 Posts
Just a regular old bolt from the hardware store. Put a dab of antisieze on the thread.

·
Premium Member
8,675 Posts
I’d probably opt for stainless steel from the jewelry drawers. Ditto on the anti-seize.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts

Wonder if you could take a bolt, put it in a drill and use a file to round the head so it would fit in the hole at E... or if the hole is deep, cut the head off the bolt, wrap electrical tape around the headless bolt until it fits tightly in the hole, Then put on a nut, the wire lug, then another nut.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts