Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity I was wondering where the Dodge Ram Promaster will be built. Tried looking for this info but no luck. I don't know about you guys but where it is built is a concern. Do any of you guys know?

·
Registered
100 Posts
My best guess would be Euro, since the ProMaster is basically a rebaged Fiat Ducato and the Ducato has been in production for a while now, it just might make sense to build ProMasters and Ducato's in one plant in Europe and have them shipped over to the states.

I think once Ram see's how successful the Ram ProMaster line up get's it might start start production in North America.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Chrysler has thought it through rather than benefiting another country, They have decided instead to make the assembly in Saltillo, Mexico for this fall. this is a smart move for them to bring the building back to the U.S. to help fix the economy and the automotive industry.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Having them built in Mexico would save on importing costs would is good for us consumers. But I question if Made in Mexico will have the same kind of quality control that Italian made does. Does anyone know what other vehicles are made in the Saltillo plant?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts