Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put these batteries and an inverter/charger in front of the driver side rear wheel, inside. There is also a third passenger seat real close by. I know that this is not ideal and will try to counter by putting water and other heavy things on the other side but these things will sometimes not be there. Ideally placed would be in the middle and underneath the van but I am lazy on this and that is not going to happen.
Am I about to screw up pretty bad or will the Promaster handle it ok?

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
It and you will never notice it is there, until you stub your toe on it. Hitch it down really well. Through bolts and plates below the floor. I’m not a fan of this sort of stuff below the floor either.
These vans laugh at 250 lbs.

·
Registered
538 Posts
****...... I weight almost 300 pounds and my van laughs at me. ;-)

·
Super Moderator
10,152 Posts
My batteries are in exactly the same spot (in a cabinet) no problems in 3 years. The van does sit about a 1/2" lower on that side but I also have a lot of heavy cabinets on that side. Bottom line - don't worry about the weight build a box to cover them up and protect you and the batteries.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
It and you will never notice it is there, until you stub your toe on it. Hitch it down really well. Through bolts and plates below the floor. I’m not a fan of this sort of stuff below the floor either.
These vans laugh at 250 lbs.

Agree with recommendation to bolt down really well. In an accident the 250 pounds will require many more times that much force to keep them from flying through the air. Pretty much the same for everything else, just not as concentrated in a small area as heavy batteries.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the same batteries in the same location with no problems at all. My build runs heavy on the drivers side (hard not to with the slider opening on the other side). I have sumosprings helpers on front and back and no lean at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts