Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a double passenger seat for my 2014 Ram Promaster 2500 and I really want either a single or a swivel single. Am wondering the best place to buy one and sell my current one. Many thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I used an online used parts search (I think it was car-part.com) to locate a fabric single passenger seat 450 miles away. (There are quite a few single vinyl seats out there.) It had been in a front-end collision, but was in very good shape. The seatbelt retractor had been blown but the side airbag had not deployed and was intact. $200 for the seat + $120 for gas roundtrip. Replaced the blown retractor with good one from the bench seat. Connected and tucked 2nd retractor from bench under new seat. Planned to do the same with 2nd occupant sensor but am now working on a work-around for that. So at this time I'm living with an airbag warning/icon on instrument cluster. I hated not being able to step from front to back without climbing out, going around, etc. The $320 and 45 minutes switching parts was totally worth it to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm located in Maryland currently, but I'm spending the next 3 years driving around America: TBCMikah.com

This is my current seat.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts