Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Art photos on the forum are a quandary to me. Generally I love the talent the art, and I respect the patience of some of our best photographers and videographers. In the past these became common and often reposted by quoting and I got a bit less enthusiastic about using the forum space for them. At about that time they got moderated away and with them many posts about vaning with great photography stopped too. This seemed to be because the Art posters were the same photo and video folks as the Van-venture posters. I miss the beautiful pictures of activities related to vaning and the travel logs of Medicineman, trips by Steve of backroader fame, Lacemine29, Winston and others you all posted. I know some of you wanted to see those even if they had no van connection and thats the quandary. I have watched this develop and even made lame suggestions on how we can have both a dedicated forum that keeps the van as it’s focus and have a venue to see the exceptional works of our art photographers.
All of us who post often, have a site that holds our images and they can easily be grouped and referenced. I encourage anyone with travel pictures and van life images to post them right to the appropriate thread with the photos embeded in the text by importing the URL of the image from your hosting site.
And as importantly I encourage those with large quantities of images that do not relate directly to the van to post the URL of the collection and let us go based on your invitation and our interest.
How would this work? If you spent a week at Furnace Creek in Death Valley and have van pictures of activities there lets hear about your trip and see some pictures. If you also enjoy geology and have mineral sample photos with your rock hammer in them and stratigraphy photos then add a line referencing their location so those interested can go there.
I hope the moderators see this as a way to share both our van interest and our other interests without tangenting off the forum’s main purpose.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here are a couple of van photos from our latest trip... you may recognise some of the places! Also MrWoof trying to warm up, it was below freezing and we have no heat yet, you can see we have most of our insulation in so it was warm enough until we opened the door!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,162 Posts
hmm, dunno why the second one is upside down...? It is the right way up on my computer!
Don't feel bad, you're not alone!
If you used an iPhone you might have had it turned upside-down for that particular image. Apple leaves out a marker for correct orientation unless edited or saved first with image app. I use Graphic Converter but Photoshop Elements or even Photoshop (of course) will correct anything. The trick is to just open them up and re-save with your graphic app if they are miss-oriented.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for sharing! It even looks like you went to Australia on your second photo ;)
Haha, I was going to say the exact same thing!

Don't feel bad, you're not alone!
If you used an iPhone you might have had it turned upside-down for that particular image. Apple leaves out a marker for correct orientation unless edited or saved first with image app. I use Graphic Converter but Photoshop Elements or even Photoshop (of course) will correct anything. The trick is to just open them up and re-save with your graphic app if they are miss-oriented.
Bingo! I am left handed so often take them upside-down. I have an iphone and a mac so I guess that is why I didn't see it on my computer.

·
Registered
382 Posts
... works for me... nice to see the flowering green ... still snow & ice here ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts