Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a difficult time finding places to wash my Promaster in my area. I live in Minneapolis. Have only found one DIY wash with a tall bay, but I'd love to find an automatic or full service drive through place. Does anyone know of a site that lists truck wash locations?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Good question! I have a devil of a time washing mine. Its fits in the local coin booth okay, but its so big it takes like 8 bucks of quarters to wash it, and when done im soaking wet too. And like most of us, white shows dirt perfectly and it takes about an hour on the road to need washed again.

I have seen a few motor home oriented extendable brushes that are powered by water. Have to investigate that.

There are plenty of semi-truck washes in every town, but i think they are too expensive. Dunno.

·
Registered
886 Posts
All our car washes have tall bays to fit boats on trailers. I live at the beach. Nothing automatic though.

I've learned with practice, how to get it washed with 16 quarters :D

But roof will never be washed. >:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
In OKC we go to local truck wash. Our Sprinter just plain wash $11 They do brushing by hand at place we go. Our Sprinter is small compared to trucks but they use same 3 to 5 in crew, even go up in bay's catwalks. It only takes a few minutes and ready to go.
We usually just watch for slow time usually up in day. If more than 1 or 2 trucks lined up just wait til another time.
But there are acouple full auto truck washers at that exit but avoid them, figure be rough on paint.
Just look up truck washing or truck-stops, usually if two or more located same spot will find truck washer.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Don't forget to check out RV facilities.

I use a automatic drive thru RV wash at an upscale RV Resort near here.

They charge the big motorhomes $35, but they only charge me $15 for
my NV High-roof.

Does a real good job too.

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Bahio Kino Mexico. They charge $1 per foot for a hand wash and a hand wax! I had my F150 and Pop-up camper done for $16. Nice bug removal too! The cleaning includes vacuum inside but I declined. Great guys, friendly and fun. They do it while you wait. You've go to get to Mexico!

·
Super Moderator
8,962 Posts
Plenty of tall self serves in NH. I just did mine yesterday it took $9 worth of quarters and I could have put more in! I have a pressure washer I use in warmer weather but at below 30° it's sorta tough to use ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use a self serve bay- lucky enough it's right down the street from me- I can get a good cleaning for under $8- wish it had a dryer system but I take what I can get being in MN also-
I think if I get good at it I should be able to do it for $5-

·
Registered
164 Posts
The dealer that I bought my PM from has an 10' clearance automatic wash with doors that close you in while the wash and dry are being performed. You can buy an unlimited wash card but unfortunately I live too far to use it. The dealer is Sterling Heights Dodge on Van Dyke for you South East Michiganders. There is nothing more than I would like to have is someone willing to wash this monster.

Years ago I installed a 1800 psi in my basement to a hose reel behind a 16" access door in the garage with 100' of hose, that has been very handy living on a gravel road.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
6 bucks in regular wand bay . Run around and wet first,because the water will soak in
then concentrate on washing. 2 soaps at close range then 1 rinse at about 2 feet starting
at the top.
Uncubed washing 101.:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. Caleb, I'll check it out! I currently to Koehler Car & Truck wash in Osseo. Very tight quarters and isn't a drive through.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Caleb, I checked out WashMe's other two locations. http://www.washme.net/
The one in Hopkins is closest to me and one can buy tokens with a credit card. Plus each token is worth $1, so it only takes 3 per wash cycle.
I also liked that the stalls are heated. A big plus over Koehler in Osseo.

I'll probably get a pressure washer for nice weather, but for now, it's nice to have a warm spot to wash this thing in the winter.
Thanks again for the suggestion, Caleb!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good to hear. I love the heated bays, makes it tolerable. I usually spray mine down, and fill up a 5 gal bucket with soapy water. Then i use a step stool and a yellow tile sponge to rub the whole van down. once thats done i load the machine back up with coins and spray it down again. Sure seems to be a better clean and cheaper than let it run for 30 mins straight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great idea taking along a 5 gal bucket and a stool. I might even be able to get the roof with a step stool and brush on an extension handle.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I used to wash my plumbing van in Maple Grove by the Goodyear. They were open late and I would wash and then dry right in the bay.
I now use the wand wash in West St Paul. They have 50 cent Tuesdays. Todd

1 - 20 of 21 Posts