Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow ProMaster owners (and prospective owners)!

My wife and I had been saving up some money for a while with the ambition of buying a house in the Denver metro area. We are doing well and thought "this is going to be a piece of cake!" Boy were we wrong, all the houses are over priced, there are too many buyers with way too much disposable income, and they are not afraid to bid many tens of thousands of dollars above asking price. That just sucked the wind right out of our sails.

So instead, we bought a used 2020 136" ProMaster 1500 (with a high top, of course :p ). Last summer we had rented a similar ProMaster and spent a long weekend driving around the state and it was great! So why not be able to recreate that experience at will? At this point that seems like the better way to spend money. Buying a house only to be house poor seems like a bad state of affairs.

Just a few weeks ago we installed the fan and we are in the process of installing the insulation. So progress is being made and we are excited to get our mobile vacation home ready to explore!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello fellow ProMaster owners (and prospective owners)!

My wife and I had been saving up some money for a while with the ambition of buying a house in the Denver metro area. We are doing well and thought "this is going to be a piece of cake!" Boy were we wrong, all the houses are over priced, there are too many buyers with way too much disposable income, and they are not afraid to bid many tens of thousands of dollars above asking price. That just sucked the wind right out of our sails.

So instead, we bought a used 2020 136" ProMaster 1500 (with a high top, of course :p ). Last summer we had rented a similar ProMaster and spent a long weekend driving around the state and it was great! So why not be able to recreate that experience at will? At this point that seems like the better way to spend money. Buying a house only to be house poor seems like a bad state of affairs.

Just a few weeks ago we installed the fan and we are in the process of installing the insulation. So progress is being made and we are excited to get our mobile vacation home ready to explore!
I have a question. Will you remain as a renter in the Metro Area with your van as an excursion vehicle?

Renting anywhere is expensive, sometime more expensive than owning, especially in desirable zip codes, and then not building equity in that investment would likely make home ownership more expensive in the future. I know folks who recently sold a $1,000,000 home and became renters to avoid home maintenance/taxes/ins only to spend $40,000 annually renting, then lost their lease renewal two years later(homeless now and 70 years old) because the real estate market was too hot.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,714 Posts
Welcome!

Many here on the forum have wished that there was an indication with your name that shows some minimal info about you. It really helps with context when others are responding to your posts or threads. Since the forum offers that feature, please consider adding a short phrase to your account that tells us a bit about you and your van.

Here's how:

To the left of the 3 dots at the top of the screen click on "My Account", then click on "Account Settings" in the menu

In the area labelled "Vehicle Details", enter info on YEAR, LENGTH, HEIGHT, and your STATE (for example, I put in "2014-159 HR in CT")

Beneath, where it says, "Choose who can view your Vehicle Details in privacy settings" click on privacy settings

Scroll down and set

View your Vehicle Details on your profile: All visitors
View your Vehicle Details when you post: All visitors

Hit Save.... all done, and THANKS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts