Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to know bolt pattern need to get some rims befor I put it on the road.thinking azbout the American Outlaw Buckshot in Chrome

·
Super Moderator
8,966 Posts
There have been several posts here on suitable wheels, bolt pattern, etc, if you search they should show right up.

I can tell you off the top of my head the bolt patern is the same as the Sprinter T1N (02-06), it's also stamped on the rims, I believe.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes !

5 Holes x 130 Pitch circle diameter x 78.1 Center hole x 68 Offset
(all in millimeter)

In Germany is the biggest rim for the Ducato 8.5 x 18 Offset 55 with tire 255/55R18C 116/114T

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not a lot of wheel options out there. Those chrome Buckshots do look real nice. I think there's another wheel some of the upfitters are using. Personally, I'd prefer to find a van with the factory alum. wheels for the factory warranty and less expense even if they aren't as slick looking. But there's a good chance I'll be going aftermarket as well. Please post pix/links for any new wheels that might become available.

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
wheel indicates that this is a mountain bike. Mountain bikes have two sizes of wheel: 26", which is most common and 29" which is a niche market. This wheel size has been chosen by manufacturers because it gives good acceleration and cornering ability when bombing through woods or down hills.

·
Registered
212 Posts
wheel indicates that this is a mountain bike. Mountain bikes have two sizes of wheel: 26", which is most common and 29" which is a niche market. This wheel size has been chosen by manufacturers because it gives good acceleration and cornering ability when bombing through woods or down hills.
Don't forget the 27.5 which is the best all around. 29ers may be fast, once you get up to speed, but don't handle that well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
20" wheels. Luckily I have local guys that are into stock cars and can fix /build anything. You'll need to work on the lug nuts a bit. I just looked for wheels that fit a Porsche Cayenne.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey I have a sherrod with American racing 18" wheels and tires AND I have a T1N sprinter with 8 Cayenne 17" rims (summer and winter tires, wheel hubs had to be bored and use a spacer to fit the Sprinter hub/offset, hmm wonder if they'll fit swap to the promaster, next up what is the hub size on the promaster? Is the promaster a hub centric setup?
first pic the 18" american racing same diameter as the stock tires.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,966 Posts
They will fit no problem. You have to remove the positioning pins on the Promaster hubs and you do need an adapter ring. I forget the size right now but it’s been posted here by both me and others. If you can’t find it I’ll look it up again. BTW I have a set you can have for $10 if you like.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im rollin' some siiick stock wheel covers??
Unfortunately, i haul freight, so its hard to beat a steel wheel for durability. I've been looking the last couple weeks, tho. I'd like input on how the aftermarket wheels have changed the ride/handling....whether it's good or bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
By the way, if anybody has a set (4) of stock 130mm Ram plastic hubcap covers they will never need again, I am working on an idea of how to convert my 118mm Citroen covers to fit - seems like they never made a 130mm size for that particular variant.

I am looking for either free or really cheap - I don’t know if my idea will work, but I will cover standard shipping costs to California - no hurry!

Thanks in advance, happy to slightly reduce your garage clutter...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Still the best 'wheels' out there. A whopping $25 each. Constant compliments.
I just had a set of those same exact stainless steel wheel covers and they didn't fit really tight. We tried bending the tabs, but still not a tight fit. My very first job I went on, 2 flew off. So I took the other two off and threw them away. How tight are yours? I cleaned the rims up really good. I still have the factory steel 16" wheels. Thanks for any information. Randy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts