Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, you can't custom order a 2015 anymore, as they are no longer being made.

I've seen window stickers on line for 2016 models that are in transit to dealers.

Why haven't they updated the Build your Own site yet to let us build 2016 models? I saw a window sticker for a PM 2500 159 HR that had Mopar LED Cargo lights as a factory option. What else is available that we do not know about?

In todays day and age of access to information being instant, it seems like FCA has dropped the ball by not making their web site available yet.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Okay, this is getting even stranger. I was looking at a new 2015 2500 159" WB High Roof in dealer inventory and the window sticker showed the diesel option at $4995. I thought it was $4500 so I went back to the outdated Build Your Own feature at RAMTRUCKS.COM and they have actually updated the build your own, but it is still for 2015 models.

They actually spent time and money to update a web site to custom build something you can't order. I suspect that they will simply change all references to 2016 when they are ready, but it's still strange to see them update the web site after production of that model has stopped.

There are a few new options, like swivel seats, suspension seats, and LED cargo lighting.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
My 2015 showed $4995 for the diesel, n/c for the glass in the sliding door and a few other changes on the Monroney sticker, different from when I ordered it. Bottom line I ordered a $37,700 Promaster and was delivered a $38500 one. My agreement and price paid stayed at $34117 even though I got vinyl seats I didn't order. This might be some insight into what the 2016 costs will be.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I attempted to price out a 2016 a couple weeks ago and was told by the dealer they couldn't do it because the timing was between the 2015 and 2016 model year... *rolls eyes* I understand 2015 production has stopped, but 2016's are not any different... ?
There are several options screwed up on the DEALERS computer system even... Swivel seats are there, but ghosted... the 220 alternator is there, but doesn't respond to mouse clicks.. I watched him try...
..maybe they are in the process of updating websites? Idk, but doesn't seem right to tell your customer "sorry, we cant order you a $40,000 truck right now..."

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My agreement and price paid stayed at $34117 even though I got vinyl seats I didn't order.
How are they? I've got vinyl in my Dodge RAM pickup and have been very happy. A little hot at first on a hot day, but so easy to clean and keep clean. We have two dogs, and I ride a trials motorcycle so often get back to the truck muddy, dirty and or sweaty, with the occasional occurrence of blood. It all wipes right off the seats! The Vinyl was a $100 up charge if I recall.

Got any pictures ?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Wrestling with Fiat/Chryslers web tools for a bunch of months convinced me they emulate some 1970's Hasbro Playskool amusement device created to allow expressing creativity but not actually accomplish anything.

Plus, an inventory search embraces the 'no vehicle left behind' principle embarrasses them too, finally we would just open thirty or forty window sticker PDF's at once then if interested google the VIN to see where it was and if the dealer wanted OR needed to sell it.

Even after all the cussing & jumping through hoops, the van I bought had the dreaded "Sorry, a Window Sticker is unavailable for that VIN." message in Chryslers system... figures.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
How are they? I've got vinyl in my Dodge RAM pickup and have been very happy. A little hot at first on a hot day, but so easy to clean and keep clean. We have two dogs, and I ride a trials motorcycle so often get back to the truck muddy, dirty and or sweaty, with the occasional occurrence of blood. It all wipes right off the seats! The Vinyl was a $100 up charge if I recall.
Got any pictures ?
No pictures tonight, perhaps tomorrow. It is a $100 upcharge and they are fine, comfortable and generally not too sweaty wet. I have no pets but do get in with mud and such so the wipe up should be easier. I would not have given $100 for them but have heard from cloth seat owners pets are hard on them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you order a gas or a diesel? I'm wondering if there is an issue with the swivel seats and the manual transmission diesel. If the parking brake has to be released to swivel the seat, then the vehicle could roll. The lawyers wouldn't allow that to happen.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nope, I ordered the gasser, so that's not the issue. Someone on another thread said that they thought that it was only on the list for Winnebago and the other upfitters, and might never be released to general public.

Who knows, but I wish they had it. Would have made my life easier.

Did you order a gas or a diesel? I'm wondering if there is an issue with the swivel seats and the manual transmission diesel. If the parking brake has to be released to swivel the seat, then the vehicle could roll. The lawyers wouldn't allow that to happen.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the picture I promised. Vinyl seats!
Thanks for that! I've been meaning to log in and thank you but I haven't been on here as much lately. It's been a busy few weeks at work.

They look pretty decent. Are they smooth vinyl in the lighter grey area or is it slightly textured?

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Both areas are very slightly textured, the dark sort of a faux leather texture and the lighter area just a bit of texture with the color variation. I am happy with them and they seem like they would clean easily too. Not having the cloth I cannot compare but I do think the $100 up charge is a good deal. I said I wouldn't have paid it in my order but now having them I would.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I attempted to price out a 2016 a couple weeks ago and was told by the dealer they couldn't do it because the timing was between the 2015 and 2016 model year... *rolls eyes* I understand 2015 production has stopped, but 2016's are not any different... ?
There are several options screwed up on the DEALERS computer system even... Swivel seats are there, but ghosted... the 220 alternator is there, but doesn't respond to mouse clicks.. I watched him try...
..maybe they are in the process of updating websites? Idk, but doesn't seem right to tell your customer "sorry, we cant order you a $40,000 truck right now..."
Swivel seat was only available for fleet customers (You will have to select Fleet on the top instead of Retail) for 2015 model. But it shouldn't be a problem for 2016 model anymore. 220A alternator should be a problem. Try a different computer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For these guys who are struggling with swivel seats. Swivel seats option is available to fleet customers long time ago. That's why you see lots of them on motorhomes such as Winnebago Travato. Chrysler has limited amount of supply on the swivel seats, they want to keep their big customers happy, that's why retail customers cannot order one. If you want to order one, you will have to order it under fleet. In the Chrysler order system, select Fleet on the top instead of Retail. There are quite a few dealerships willing to do that since complex paperwork involved (they need to order one with one of their fleet customer's fleet number, then sell it to you).

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I see that the Ford Transit and the MB Sprinter both have their 2016 Build Your Own web site up and running. I wonder when FCA will let people start looking at product that they are trying to sell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts