Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
Looks like a pretty nice job but I wouldn’t pay more that the asking price either. You could buy a brand new ‘17 and duplicate it for the same money (or less) no problem if you have the skills and time ;)

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I’d say they are asking a fair price. If you can negotiate a better one it’s a bargain.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Promasters are tricky to price used because a lot of them are fleet vehicles, work vehicles, etc. That van, with around 100k miles, just a plain metal interior, is pretty easy to find for 20-25k. But it looks to me like dude has an easy 20 in that lovely interior.

The miles are a tip-off to something; the guy either has had problems with the van or doesn't like it, because he's selling at 35k which is right up against the warranty running out. Maybe he just doesn't trust it, which is silly because both my PMs are over 300k and there's nothing that breaks that can't be fixed. Normally i don't run a car-fax, but maybe you should as I think they log warranty claims and that might tell you something, or be a bargaining chip.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think $40k for that is a pretty good deal depending on the quality of the build in person.

You can get that van with 35k miles on it for about $22-23k. So you have to decide if the buildout is what you want/need and if it's worth $17-18k to you.

I bought my van for $27k with 3k miles on it (extended 3500 diesel), it just crossed 20k miles, and I've got about $15k + my labor in the buildout now. I'd be asking $45k if I sold it.

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
I must be doing something right. I have maybe $7k in my conversion (tops). No heat, granted, but that’s only $800 more. What do you people spend so much money on? Other than no heat my conversion (features & quality) is as good, if not a lot better, than any other conversion I’ve seen here or elsewhere.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Any modern class B RV is worth 40k easily. bare minimum price. That money gets you a 2001 junk Roadtrek class B on RVtrader. Now, no bathroom and I dont see any solar setup. But still, I think he gets 40k with ease.

A decent amount of people want class B vans but either dont want to build it themselves or just cant. Usually these nice builds around 40-50k go fast.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,498 Posts
I agree. I'd say he's got $40,000 in parts, and gets 35,000 miles of use for his substantial time invested. Lots of innocent reasons it could be for sale--see the ones sold here--but still check it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts