Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
They don't make it easy to find the real differences any more. Basically they are all the same except the load carrying capacities which is just different spring rates.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
_____
=1000:eek:

Actually there is not much difference.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Promaster Super Duty

I am coming out with 4500 Super Duty conversion kits for all PM vans. They come with 3 emblems and 2 decals which by definition apparently make the existing parts on your van assume said power. Conversely you can buy my 1000 conversion kit and your van will become smaller, lighter, and get better mileage. Your choice, $30.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
I am coming out with 4500 Super Duty conversion kits for all PM vans. They come with 3 emblems and 2 decals which by definition apparently make the existing parts on your van assume said power. Conversely you can buy my 1000 conversion kit and your van will become smaller, lighter, and get better mileage. Your choice, $30.
If you were FCA the 4500 kit would be $1,000 and the -1,000 conversion kit (ie. to go from 2500 down to 1500) would save you $1,000.
I'd rethink your pricing you are only charging what it's worth $30...... no extra profit in that!

·
Registered
604 Posts
$30 to make my 1500 118" WB a heavy-duty model?

DEAL >:D>:D>:D

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ok, so what is the difference?

Just different suspension?
Grab some of your favorite beverage and go to the link in post #3 ....

Then you'll know... or maybe not? :D

There's a few varying views on this.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Ok, so what is the difference?

Just different suspension?
If you looked up the thread mentioned earlier you would find that there may be a small difference in spring rates as the numbers for some are different though any spring can be a part for all chassis. The 3500 have a anti-sway bar on the rear an option offered after market for $175. Other than that it is badging. This has been discussed at length!

·
Registered
62 Posts

Perfect. I'll take 3 of the 1000 conversions. What should I expect to get for MPGs on that? We up in the high 30s, guessing? Let me know your PayPall and I'll get you the money today.
:)PP

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grab some of your favorite beverage and go to the link in post #3 ....

Then you'll know... or maybe not? :D

There's a few varying views on this.
If you looked up the thread mentioned earlier you would find that there may be a small difference in spring rates as the numbers for some are different though any spring can be a part for all chassis. The 3500 have a anti-sway bar on the rear an option offered after market for $175. Other than that it is badging. This has been discussed at length!
Cool, yeah well the info seems to vary. I just want to know the exact difference. It's not rocket science, nor debatable; just looking for the exact differences. Can't believe they don't make it clear on the their website.

But yeah, all I know so far is 'different suspension'...

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Hi RD,
I'm confused -- your pdf show for the final drive ratio 1500 = 3.16, 2500 = 3.43 and 3500 = 3.86.
Seems like they are different between 1500, 2500 and 3500?
Gary
Ouch! I see the sheet but I have also seen a spec sheet with all of them the same.... Sorry for the confusion. I'll try to find the spec sheet that shows them all the same but in the meantime confusion reigns. We need help here.......

Found it

All the same!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hang on a minute. I thought we determined in the previous thread that the 1500 had a unique final drive, but it was the same for the 2500/3500. I thought we determined this by getting tach readings from various owners.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Hang on a minute. I thought we determined in the previous thread that the 1500 had a unique final drive, but it was the same for the 2500/3500. I thought we determined this by getting tach readings from various owners.
Can you find the post(s). I couldn't find any reference by search so I went with the spec sheet for 2015. Why FCA published the earlier spec sheet showing them as different is odd. The 2015 spec sheet could be incomplete? It is clear the gasser and diesel final drive ratios and transmission ratios are different as would be expected but I am thinking the 1500-3500 all have the same ratio once you select gas or diesel.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I searched the forum, but couldn't find the thread. I could have sworn some 1500 owners reported their rpm, and I compared it to mine, and we pretty much concluded that the ratio was 3.86 in the heavy vans and something like 3.31 in the smaller ones.

On a hunch, I went to molars site and looked up the PNs for a replacement transaxle on the 1500 vs the 3500 extended. Same PN. So I looked up the PN for just the pinion gear - same PN for both trucks.

My memory is pretty flakey, but I'm sure I remember the post discussion. In my 3500 ext, I'm at 2100 at 65mph, stock Vanco tires. Anybody got a 1500 and want to chime in?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts