Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The passenger side wiper blade on my 2014 is starting to fray at the top. What is your opinion on the best wiper blades? I am in st. Louis so it may only see one or two lights snows and more that some ice. What are your recommendations?
Thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
I removed the factory blades so ice would not tear them up, FCA thought highly of them and priced them dear, I'll put them back on for summer.

I went with a generic winter blade with the blade springs wrapped in a rubber boot (costco?) and they miss sections of the windshield on the compound curves.

A quick check shows 68159681AA & 68159682AA as OEM numbers (unverified) and I found them on eBay for $16 each w/ free shipping - I may purchase a set. (EDIT: I just purchased a set))

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=%2868159682AA%2C68159681AA%29&_sop=15

·
Registered
765 Posts
Blades arrived today, $32 per pair and Mopar OEM, Yes, it is robbery, yet that is what two pair of BrandX would cost.

OEM blades are dedicated to the side they're on and have an airfoil built in, about mid & higher swipe at highway speed the after-market ones chatter and lift leaving strobed streaks - not so annoying until the second or third hour of it, or that magic temperature zone hits where stuff flash freezes happens and it all snowballs from there.

Anyhow, I put the old ones back on, tossed the $7/ea winter blades onto a shelf for next winter and am saving $32/pair set for when the originals get chewed up more ($13k each and the Van was free?) though these OEM blade are tough, on vehicle since Sept 2014 and still not torn or chipped.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I really liked the oem blades. And they lasted for a year after I got t he van. AND they had already been on the van for a year while it as a demo vehicle.
That said, I bought Rainx wipers last year for it as they have lasted superbly for us on another car. They've lasted a year now and are still good. Regular brand wipers rarely last more than 8-9 months here. I believe the sun tears them up with UV damage.

·
Super Moderator
10,679 Posts
I replaced mine a few weeks ago after 3 years. I used a 20" one on the pass side it fits better and 26" on the drivers side. I paid $4.99 each for them. So far they worked well thru the last 2 snowstorms:). At $4.99 each if I have to replace them yearly I'm still ahead!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just installed Rainx too and LOVE THEM. priced like all better blades but they look and work great, no chatter which was a concern because of the design of the factory origionals and size and angle of windshield. NO PROB with these, 5 stars!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Went with Rainx brand as I use their other products, living in the Northwest good wipers are a must. They worked great for a couple months but wore out already, back to Trico for me

·
Registered
538 Posts
My RainX blades have a rubber cover over them. No spoilers. No lift at speed and they work well with no chatter. Since they have lasted so well, I'll buy them again next time.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have tried them all except OEM. To date, I've had the best luck with the higher priced Michelins. Walmart sell a cheap michelin and a more expensive michelin. The better one is worth the difference.

That said, I'm never happy with any wiper. It seems the trick is to carry a separate squeegee and do the window standing in the door jamb. Gas station squeegees never seem to do the job very well, and the van seems to accumulate bug guts such that regular window fluid is insufficient.

·
Registered
228 Posts
the washer fluid at Pilot/Flying J seems to clean the bugs off the best. Their secret: fabric softner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts