Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a used 159 Promaster. It has some damage in the roof above the rear door and around one of the rear roof lights. This morning after a rain storm I noticed some water that had pooled inside the van, coming from the passenger side rear pillar, which is right where this damage sits above on the exterior. I'm fairly positive this is where the leak is from.

The van is still under warranty but I doubt they'd cover this as it's damage from the previous owner, so if they don't fix it, what would I use to seal this area? I can see a clear gap behind the light and the hole where the wiring comes through is very exposed, and you can see the cracking in the body as well. Would love to seal off the chipping paint too.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3M 5200 is what I have used to seal up holes in my van.
Its also what we use to seal up our product at work. Works well. Just prep the **** out of the surface so you get a good bond.
Thanks for the info. I think for my purposes, where I'll also be sealing around the light hold, I might want to use their slightly less permanent 3M 4000 compound. Seems like it's used commonly on RVs

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
989 Posts
You might want to get a 'dent guy' to tap that out for you, then sand, prime and touch it up yourself with matching white spray paint. If there's a little overspray up there nobody's going to notice it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts