Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,341 Posts
Looks like some type of motion/occupancy sensor to me... small square is IR emitter, and the dome is the receiver.

related to: alarm system?, ambient LED interior lighting?

I'd look at the van's options for a clue.

OR... none of the above!

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
825 Posts
+1 Thanks for the laugh MsNomer, needed that.

·
Registered
'16 2500 159 HT Granite Window - OH(io)
307 Posts
Looks like some type of motion/occupancy sensor to me... small square is IR emitter, and the dome is the receiver.

related to: alarm system?, ambient LED interior lighting?

I'd look at the van's options for a clue.

OR... none of the above!
Maybe motion/occupancy sensor for the air bag / restraint system???

·
Registered
322 Posts
LOL. MSNOMER is now checking under their dash for the same camera! Note to self, wear slacks in the van!

Reactions: Donna

·
Registered
2021, Promaster 159 HR 2500, Silver
30 Posts
I had a dog sitting in the passenger seat today and there was a message on dash that said ESC OFF. I have a 2021. Maybe it sets off the seat belt alarm if it senses it is a person and not a dog or stuff.

·
Registered
2016 136 low, w/u-haul package
152 Posts
I had a dog sitting in the passenger seat today and there was a message on dash that said ESC OFF. I have a 2021. Maybe it sets off the seat belt alarm if it senses it is a person and not a dog or stuff.
ESC=electronic stability control

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,341 Posts

Maybe the dog's nose bumped the ESC off button...

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,341 Posts
It comes on when you start the van... you turn it off but it resets to on when you start again.

The (off) button is right next to the red emergency flasher button directly below the heater controls

Which leads us back to the original question!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't know if it's the same thing but I discovered (the hard way) that there's a fuel cutoff and reset under the passenger dash. While in Alaska I hit a pothole that was sufficient to make the vehicle think it had been in an accident so it triggered the automatic fuel cutoff. The vehicle wouldn't turn on and even disconnecting and reconnecting the battery didn't do anything. Thankfully I had the manual downloaded on my phone and I discovered that there's a reset button under the passenger dashboard.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,341 Posts
In the manual, the fuel cutoff looks like this:

Not like the picture the OP posted.... promaster, do you recall what your reset button looked like?

Speaking of the OP.... Maybe a better description of exactly where this unit is ?

I went out and looked under my glove compartment area... I saw a grey metal block with nothing screwed into it... I didn't see the fuel cutoff reset OR the item pictured! Looking up, I think I saw the heater fan, but not sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts