Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on line to the Promaster sight first and did the "build your vehicle" thing back in October. I went to the dealer and test drove one and wanted to order one on the spot. But the dealer said that they were not set up to take orders yet, and wouldn't be for two weeks. So I went back in two weeks, by now the middle of November, and placed my order. The bad thing is that the dealer could not order everything that the "build your vehicle" section of the web sight had to offer. Whereas things like the side protection panels that are offered for lower section and also upper section on the web sight, I could only get the lower section from the dealer. The same for rear heat and AC and heated seats. There are a few other things that slip my mind right now. Did anybody else run into this when you ordered your promaster?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was able to sneak my order in before some of the items disappeared. I got the heated seats and bench seat. Kind of a bummer that either inventory supply dropped fast or plans changed. This all seems very rushed on dodge's part. Just my speculation

·
Registered
465 Posts
Having 30+ years of assembly line experience with GM, this PM introduction is starting to look more & more like a rush job where not all the pieces were in place before the horse was let out of the gate so to speak.
There's too many options that have along the line either become unavailable or were never there to begin with.
Anyone suppose this was because of the pending intro of the Transit and wanting to be first out? If so, not good business practice for sure....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bobojay, I assumed it was a rush from the beginning to beat the transit. This is my first van and I didn't really want to wait till summer for the fords to release and then make comparisons, etc. I'll find out when mine comes in if all the options I chose were implemented!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Having 30+ years of assembly line experience with GM, this PM introduction is starting to look more & more like a rush job where not all the pieces were in place before the horse was let out of the gate so to speak.
There's too many options that have along the line either become unavailable or were never there to begin with.
Anyone suppose this was because of the pending intro of the Transit and wanting to be first out? If so, not good business practice for sure....
its very possible and a good theory. The Transit cleans up in europe and i expect it to here as well.

·
Registered
465 Posts
It's supposed to be in January 8...I'm hoping it's running on time!

I'll certainly let you know my thoughts!
Your dealer if he's on the ball can tell you right where your van is in the production process. If it's already been built, he should be able to give you a serial no. and be able to tell you exactly what was and wasn't installed at the factory.

We followed our '12 Jeep Wrangler right through from the day it was ordered till it arrived at the local offload terminal waiting for truck pickup.

Some dealers won't take the time and effort to do this and tell you it can't be done, but they are full of BS if they say that

·
Registered
9 Posts
I luckily found a Silver Low Roof 136wb PM with 90% of everything that I wanted on it "In Transit" to a Dealer a 100 miles away from me on Commercial Truck Trader .com, I immediately got my local dealer to intercept it, I purchased it and I got it two days later. I tried to buy items that I wanted that it shown on their online configurator, but the parts dept didn't even show the parts in their catalogs yet. A month and a half later, they started showing parts, but most everything is on backorder.
My advise to anyone ordering a new Promaster is to order everything you really want on your PM before its made, It'll be SO much cheaper and a lot less headache.

i

1 - 12 of 12 Posts