Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hope this link can help

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/bodybuildersguide/2014/rampromaster/

This was given to me by a Promaster Tech rep. I was calling with so many tech questions, the Rep decided to tell me about this site they give to upfitters (companies authorized to modify the PM).
It is supposed to have all types of info and specs. available.
You can go to the home site and select your proper year, model.

Good luck, on your project.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,835 Posts
I quit counting when I got to 500 holes in the cargo bay. That's a lot of plugs. Also, I haven't found any plugs the same white as the van, so they would still show.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My apologies

My apologies,

I made a quick assumption on the site specs. I mainly use the site for Electrical reference. The best thing I can suggest is to get or borrow a caliper style micrometer and make sure of the hole sizes for yourself. There are many sites you could search on Google for "Hole or Button Plugs" just specify Plastic or metal. I have painted both the plastic and metal button plugs for some custom installs, and you could paint the button plugs to closely match and look like factory. Try using Krylon's appliance epoxy spray paint. Only because its White, durable good for your application. It dries in 2 hrs, unless its really humid or raining .
:)

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
I plan to leave the ribs exposed between the factory panels (i'll order the van with upper and lower panels- $390), pop the panels out to insulate and sound deaden, and then cover the ribs with headliner material before popping the panels back in with fasteners like the factory used hopefully. The holes will still be there but the headliner has a foam backing that makes the spanning of space look ok. In fact that is what it was developed for. This avoids the work of patching all the holes (500! egad) and the look of a patch job. Its best feature if it works is to be able to remove a panel, fold away the headliner and access the rib and cavity behind the panels to add wires, fasteners, etc. Headliner is available at JoAnn's fabric in few colors. I'm thinking this may be faster and not much more expensive than filling them.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,835 Posts
RD, this thought struck me as I read your plan:

Cut another piece of headliner a bit wider than the vertical rib. Glue it over the rib with the edges flowing under where the panels go. Attach panels, with fastener going through both layers of liner. Voila! Entire wall covered with negligible extra effort or material.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
RD, this thought struck me as I read your plan:

Cut another piece of headliner a bit wider than the vertical rib. Glue it over the rib with the edges flowing under where the panels go. Attach panels, with fastener going through both layers of liner. Voila! Entire wall covered with negligible extra effort or material.
I gotta admit you described what I am planning to do much better than I did.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
It's all theory until one of the members tries it and posts some pictures of the results and explains how well it works!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts