Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what kind of tech features can we expect to come with the Promaster? I assume it will have a touchscreen, bluetooth. Or is there any special packages or options we can order?

·
Registered
46 Posts
From what I've gathered it will have a display screen with a uconnect interface and will have rear camera with audible warnings.

You can see it in this video

Actually I found this too.

Ram ProMaster features ParkView backup camera and ParkSense with audible warning, all of which are useful when maneuvering a large van.

ProMaster customers can make the best use of their valuable time by leveraging Uconnect's easy-to-learn, easy-to-use interface -- acclaimed for its convenience and sensible design. Handsfree calling in the all-new 2014 Ram ProMaster is made convenient via reliable Bluetooth technology. Similarly, the truck's handsfree text-reply feature enables customers to quickly deliver messages. A full-color, five-inch touchscreen is available with global positioning satellite (GPS) navigation, providing Ram ProMaster customers the ability to chart time-saving routes to their destinations. Uconnect Web, powered by Autonet Mobile, is available to U.S. customers. This system delivers continuous Internet connectivity, creating an efficient workspace and real-time information access on the go.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Bluetooth will be useful.

The reverse camera and audible warning is something I never would have thought to have in a cargo van.

There are also a bunch of safety features. 6 airbags in the front I believe.

Traction control, trailer sway control.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bluetooth will be useful.

The reverse camera and audible warning is something I never would have thought to have in a cargo van.

There are also a bunch of safety features. 6 airbags in the front I believe.

Traction control, trailer sway control.
I think a reverse camera makes more sense in a cargo van, since you can't use your review mirror.

6 airbags is a great feature, especially if you plan to use the ProMaster as a passenger van.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A reverse stop sensor would also be a good safety feature to have as the Promaster is very long in length from front to back and the rear windows might be covered up depending on what cabinets and shelving you plan to use.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You guys have some really good ideas I think a rear camera around the back would be good since these cargo cans are so long. And a sensor maybe for the blind spot when we drive aroudg.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A small ramp that pulls out from the rear of the promaster would be a great add on. I have seen these ramp kits that you can buy but only fold upwards blocking the doors and obstructing the rear view windows. Guess that would work with a rear view camera but a sliding ramp would be best.

·
Registered
100 Posts
A small ramp that pulls out from the rear of the promaster would be a great add on. I have seen these ramp kits that you can buy but only fold upwards blocking the doors and obstructing the rear view windows. Guess that would work with a rear view camera but a sliding ramp would be best.
A lot of Ford cube van's I seen have these pull out rams in an area designated for it which was awesome, but obviously thats not the case with the promaster, I think if we want a pull out ramp, it'll have to mount under the ProMaster.

Not sure how well that would go, but at least with the ProMaster being front wheel drive it frees up space in the rear for something like a rear pull out ramp.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like that idea and maybe even one for the side too. That would make life a lot easier. But it would have to be a heavy duty ramp which will add up in weight so another concern for fuel economy there but a nice compromise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts