Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the "eye bolt" like thing that is in the jack box used for? AND, the black screwdriver handle - can't figure out what the two ends are for (slot in the middle accepts the driver).

·
Registered
19 Posts
eye bolt is most likely a tow hook for the front end of the vehicle. (Don't have a PM yet, but have seen this with many other vehicles.) Look for a cap on the bumper of about 2"x2", pop it off, and there will be a spot to install that bolt. No idea on the other item, but if it fits through the eye, it may be used to create a "T" to turn the bolt.

·
Super Moderator
9,053 Posts
Correct on the ether bolt its for towing.

The black plastic thingy is a handle used when you crank the spare up and down if I remember correctly. I found it easier to use a air wrench with a socket on it or just a regular ratchet. I seem to remember the socket size is the same sauce as the lug nuts 21mm

·
Super Moderator
9,053 Posts
I didn't say anything about flats, just changing a tire. There are many other reasons to change a tire other than a flat:laugh:

But, to answer your question - I carry a small air compressor with me at all times even if I've never had to use it for anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts