Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been removing the panels from the interior of the cargo space in preparation for installing insulation.

Between the wheel and the back door is a smallish black box with delicate flaps built into it. What is it and how should I handle insulating it?

Untitled

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
That there is to let the pressure out when you slam the doors shut.

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you want those. Surely there is some way to get them. I was completely puzzled by the earlier discussion about closing doors because I had no problem.

And now we know why. Please feel free to use that photo when you have a little discussion with your dealer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My PM is two weeks old now. I have the air vents on mine and my side door is still difficult to shut when everything else is closed. The top seems to close properly, but the bottom rear corner doesn't always latch in tight. I also covered the vents with interior plastic paneling, but the side door was difficult before I installed the paneling kit. I've been using the trick mentioned on another thread to push just slightly on the trailing edge of the door as it closes. Just have to be careful not to catch your fingers in there, and don't push anywhere other than that solid trailing edge, or a dent will surely result.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine has two of the small vents on both sides in the back of the vehicle. I still have to open the front door to close the slider door. I was wondering if anyone has expanded on those vents to allow air intake also, instead of cutting out air intake vents. I think if I take the cover off and take out the little flaps that maybe it would work well. Maybe having air intake in the back near the exhaust would be a bad idea, at least if the vehicle is running.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Mine closes as easy as a mini van. Built in June.

When was yours built? Maybe there is something wrong with your black box vent.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine built in June also. I have 4 vents in the back, two on the sides and two down in the corner beams. They all valve to let air out, you push on the valve from inside and it opens. I can even have my fantasic roof vent open part way and windows open part way and the door does not close too easy. When either door in front of it is open, it closes easier. Mine is the hightop 136" 1500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts